oil pressure ??

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
6bar is pretty normal if the oil is cool.
Should be considerably lower after warmup. Not sure what pressure but around 1.5-1.75Bar I think when the oil is at operating temp.

M

Matt_S

Yeh what he said ^^^. 6bar at cold start up, thats perfectly normal.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mine when warm sits at around 25 psi, when cold and on the move up around 90-100psi:)

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Not sure how the S15 compares with my GT-Four but that also sits at 6 when cold then comes down to 4 when warm, dropping to 2 on warm tickover and sometimes dipping as low as 0.5 very breifly when you lift off after a long period of cruising (coming off a motorway slip road for example). It can then dip reasonably low when manouvering around the carpark at the end of a journey.

That would make 5 seem a little high when cruising but the SR20DET might be a bit different from the 3S-GTE.

subzero

Reaction score
the gauge does however alarm when i clutch and the revs drop ?? this normal, drops to just below 2 and beeps .

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
when you dip the clutch and the revs drop the oil pressure will settle back down towards the warm idle pressure quite quickly. the more the revs, the harder the oil pumps working - not sure about the warning beep though....

Reaction score
Country
When engine is warmed up, I have ~1.8bar @ idle and ~8bar @ wot.