What's new

On route!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Well mine is a daily and was on really stiff HKS coilovers when I was changing the bushes so the Poly route would have been way over the top! I have DW CS2's on her now and the alignment arms, coilovers, ARB's, strut braces & Nismo bushes are the business :D Massive amounts of grip on both the road and the track :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Lovin' your ideas there mate :)

I've just done my tension rods and you can definitely feel a difference with the steering... you do start to get a little 'humming/vibration' at certain revs but it's a worthwhile mod and you can also adjust the caster (more negatives pushes the wheel forwards in relation the centre which gives better steering turn etc).

I got mine from Driftworks - parts look decent quality :thumbs:

Yeah - need to get my rear camber arms to pull in the negs on the back (currently -2.5) as I find it a little too grippy for drifting lol...

Also, got subframe alloy locking collars from Driftworks as well to fit... you will most likely find solid bush replacements waaay too harsh - that's what I've been told and these are like a halfway house mod which doesn't require removal of the original bush (and those are real PITA's to take out!!) :D

Reaction score
Alignment arms are always worth while!

I went with the following setup for my 14 and it was amazing for drift, but before that I ran a bit more rear toe-in and it had immense amounts of grip. :D

Front:
Camber : -2.5 degrees
Toe : 0
Castor : 7 degrees (can't remember if it was +ve or -ve, but it moved the wheel towards the front bumper)

Rear:
Camber : -1.1 degrees
Toe : 0 degrees

It had potential to have lots of grip for drift, but I raised the tyre pressures to make it easier to begin with :)

Reaction score
Country
Trial - Cheers for the info mate! This is a learning curve for me! :nod: Im gona ease off a bit on suspension for now and see what its like with coilovers, tension rods, camber arms, f+r strut brace and bushes. Where did you get those Nismo bushes from btw mate?

James - Driftworks stuff looks nice and gets a good review :) going to get their camber arms and tension rods i think! Think ill leave the subframe mounts for now :p

Its always been on the bay mate. Charlie left it up for sale just in case I wasnt able to have the car and then people wouldnt think there was something wrong with it :thumbs: Good news is ive sold my RX8 so should be picking her up very soon! Yesssss :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh cool, I thought that might be the case!

I went from an RX8 to an S15... I wont be going back!! ;) lol

Reaction score
Country
Ohh mate i already know i wont be going back either! :D

Ive got a 104hp company caddy van which i drive daily for work and havnt driven the RX8 for 2 and a half weeks lol, drove it tonight and it felt quick for all of about 3mins :ghey: lame!

Reaction score
Ohh mate i already know i wont be going back either! :D

Ive got a 104hp company caddy van which i drive daily for work and havnt driven the RX8 for 2 and a half weeks lol, drove it tonight and it felt quick for all of about 3mins :ghey: lame!

lol Yeah its not bad at 7k RPM+ but otherwise.... :down:

Awesome handling and it loves some sideways action though!

Reaction score
Country
Agreed! No torque what so ever either! I had to replace the LSD on mine as the pinion got damaged somehow and touched the gears... was a tad noisy!

Think it was down to too much grip causing wheel hop and the torque from that must have screwed it :confused: Thats my guess anyway. Got a replacement cheap off a crashed one :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
Cool cheers mate!

Just paid £150 into my bank and the girl behind the counter gave me a recipt for it. Checked it as I walked out and shed hit 2 instead of 1 on the keyboard so i just bagged £100 for free!! Yeahhhh! :cool:

Going to collect my S15 on Sunday 27th Dec. What a great day thats gona be! :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Going to collect my S15 on Sunday 27th Dec. What a great day thats gona be! :D
Awesome, bet you can't wait!! Take it easy on your way back mate, too many people have had accidents on their way home.

:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
James - really wanted it before crimbo but this is close enough :D Im sure my mate will be taking some artsy pics for me so ill shove them up on here ;)

Craig - Been after an S15 for more than 2 years so really cant wait now! Itl be a fairly steady drive back up the motorway with the way the roads are at the moment. I shant be doing any "hero" driving just yet lol :rolleyes:

S

S15 SILVIA

I'm so jealous!
Was hoping to have found mine before Xmas, but not all gone to plan. Oh well start the search again 2010! :-(
Hope you enjoy it mate.

Reaction score
Country
Drove down to Kent this morning, met Charlie (what a gent!) and picked up my S15! :cool:

All i can say is, weapon! :D :D

Drives perfect! One thing that has surprised me is how easy it is to drive slow while nose to tail traffic on the M25 (nothing like an RX8!) Got approving smiles from both parents too!

Very happy right now! Heres a quick camera phone pic when I got home :)

:smitten:

James

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Awesome :) have you been out in the freezing cold washing it yet??