What's new

Possible future S15 owner

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, I've started to searoiusly think about getting an S15 spec r through an importers like Torque GT or similar, the only thing putting me off is that i've never really seen one to look around and sit in to see what i really think, let alone drive one.

What are they like to live with everyday? Do they rust?

Are the gearboxes really that weak?

I love the idea of having something that most people dont know what it is!

Thanks, Leo

Reaction score
Country
I agree, no one over here knows.

They aren't bad to live with. Avoid a paddle clutch though if you're going be in traffic ever (and queue a load of heroes telling us they once circumnavigated the globe in heavy traffic with one) it's possible, but not much fun imo.

They are over 12 years old now so rust can start to set in but they're not like a Mercedes E-class of the same vintage.

If you abuse it the gearbox won't last but that's true of most 'boxes. If you're going to rag it everywhere or drift every round about you come across it won't last forever. Any hit of a whine, get it sorted straight away and don't listen to anyone that tells you theirs has been like it for years...they must drive like old women if that's true.

All in all I'd say they are good cars that turn heads and deliver a fun drive while still remaining bearable daily.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
All in all I'd say they are good cars that turn heads and deliver a fun drive while still remaining bearable daily.
i agree with Tommy i imported mine through torque GT and will never look back it is a nervous experience but so worth it. mine puts a smile on my face everytime i turn the key

have you spoke to the gues at torque GT?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I've been speaking with then today a little bit just to see how it all works, seams really straight forward!! Just got to save a little more now

Jaydej had you driven one before you brought yours? That's my biggest concern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
regarding the gear box, they are fine if you look after them. They can handle around 350bhp but if you start to go over 400 you need to look at a stronger replacement.

Reaction score
Country
welcome to the club mate:wave: sims77 is near you longton way I think theres also one in stone