What's new

Problem Child Returns Again.... *sigh*

Reaction score
Country
Someone please. grant me some more sanity because mine is starting to run out. All i can do is laugh now. ha ha ha.

So oil pan and return hose form the turbo were replaced, and its now not leaking any oil. hurrah!

but no. she's content with spitting something out. So this time, today. its coolant. again. GAH!

Not had a good look yet, but it appears to be the bottom corner of the rad where the hose clips onto. hopefully its just the hose thats somehow come loose. failing that, the rad might be shot. GAHH! At least its not the bloody turbo again though haha. (i hope)

Another weekend to spend tinkering. Good job I didnt have plans. :)

Reaction score
Do you run anti freeze in your coolant?

We get some bitterly cold weather during the winter in the U.K and you'll pop something if you haven't got a good enough mix in your coolant. I left my old Apex ali rad outside a couple of years back, still fitted to the car but without any coolant in it, and it split at the bottom of the core.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah i always run antifreeze in it during the colder months. I think it must've been a rock thats bounced up or something :(

Reaction score
Weird things do happen. I drove my car into our workshop with no problems and started it up last week to pull it out and my power steering pump was grinding:rolleyes:, so I've had to get a new one. I've no idea what happened there.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
cant mate. its not worth much as its written off and needs a fair bit of work doing to it.
You could sell it to a drifter. Or sadly it may be worth breaking for parts.

At least you know what to look out for and what to, well, more like NOT to do, to the next one!! :)

Reaction score
Country
Well... i just did a bad.. or good deed.

I just sold it to our local scrappy down here for £3000.. they're picking it up tomoro :(

...AS IF. hahaha. i'd never sell her :p
I just ordered a Koyo radiator. Much to my dismay, the OE style 'S' series one i was looking at wasnt in stock, and would take centuries to get from japan, and i've got a turn around period of less than 2 weeks before i make a 360 mile journey home in the s15. SO. i opted for the option that was in stock. and i dont mean i went on the japspeed website. Because i called them earlier today about my rad and they said there was nothing they could do about it. So feeling the need to get a decent rad that wont pop for no apparent reason, i stuck with Koyo.. and got something which my credit card didnt like at all.. I went big. and bad. and N-FLOW. i've been assured it'l fit & work, and its THE dogs. and yes. it cost me a small fortune :(
but needs must. and at least it should out live the car. haha. Arrives next week. :)
WOOP!