What's new

Quietest Aftermarket Exhaust?

Reaction score
Country
Just wondering - what is the quietest performance/aftermarket exhaust available? I've been looking at the HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust and from what I've read it's not too much above the stock exhaust in terms of noise when you're driving it carefully, but louder when you give it some. Mine is just way too loud - obnoxiously loud in my opinion.

Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust, or any similar more reserved aftermarket exhaust?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Country
i have the HKS and its a good system and is nice and quiet, done many motorway journeys and it doesn't drone you to death. is also a high quality system.

Reaction score
Country
Silent hi power is good, I'm tempted to swap my apexi out for one on my 14. Mongoose exhausts are likely to be the most quiet although aren't the best looking imo.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the info guys! I think I'll end up going for the HKS exhaust - the Fujitsubo looks really good but I can't find any in the UK and it will cost a fortune to get it here.

Went to Autosport International at the NEC in Birmingham on Sunday - 2 hour dual carriageway/motorway drive.. the drone... my ears...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I have a hks exhaust aswel and would say it's quite quiet, I was at Autosport Sunday aswel shame I didn't see you. Does anyone have one with a decat fitted? Wondered whether the cat makes it much louder still?

Reaction score
Country
I have a hks exhaust aswel and would say it's quite quiet, I was at Autosport Sunday aswel shame I didn't see you. Does anyone have one with a decat fitted? Wondered whether the cat makes it much louder still?
Ah damn, I didn't see any other S15s. Saw an S14, and got a thumbs up from someone in an Evo but that's about it really.

I reckon it must make some slight difference. Thing is with mine is it's a straight pipe from the turbo, with a decat pipe and a single backbox with no baffles. The cat I ordered from Japspeed arrived yesterday, so I'll get that fitted when I put a new exhaust system on it, unless there's some way to make it much quieter with just a backbox?

Last edited: