What's new

rad and intercooler

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
As the title suggests,just sold some of my tuning bits from my type r so gonna have a bit of spare cash,need to get a new rad as have noticed a few dents in mine,and was looking to upgrade the ic as is running 1 bar on a standard ic,been looking to apex for both,looking at the type 1 intercooler and the apex race rad with twin fans,
Anyone recommend any others? Open to anything at the month only mentions these as a few people seem to be running this.
Also how easy are these to fit? And would I need to get the car mapped once I have these on the vehicle cheers guys !!!!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah man!!! Oh well that's cool,not in any hurry for it anyways just wanted to know what people thought of them .cheers buddy!

C

cougar power motorsport

on my cars we are using the mishimotos rads. i have been very pleased with their quality till now. plus they do give a lifetime warranty;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I ordered the Japspeed 50mm rad plus Japspeed x2 12" leccy fans a few months back.

Japspeed at the time were doing discount prices for both these items so they were like GB prices but you could order them individually and they were all in stock :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thinking I might order the apex rad,is it worth getting the twin fans with shroud or just the twin fans? And do you need the revotec controller or can you wire around it?cheers for any info guys

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
get the apex type 1 cooler and the apex rad mate, its a no brainer as they are so cheap and so many people run them :thumbs: the apex intercooler kits are on group buy at the moment on sxoc for 209-00 for the kit...if you get the rad and only use your car for fast road etc then there really is no need for the fans, just fit it with the standard viscous fan and cowl. lots of talking about and looking into it has been done and unless you are drifting the car sideways with no air going through the rad then the viscous setup keeps temps lower :nod:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info matey! Sounds like a plan will stick with the standard fan then,just thinking there may have been a benefit of having a little more space between the rad and engine. Also my plastic casing around the fan is snapped at one end ,anyone know where I can pick up another one?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the cowls are the same as s14/s14a mate so shouldnt be hard to get hold of. i too thought about removing the cowl to make easier access and easier to clean etc but the cooling benefits are more worth it imo...

T

Toby

+1

Make sure you keep your undertray when you stick the FMIC on, it will need cutting but its quite important to the cooling of the car - something that is certainly a weak point on our cars when combined with a trackday and FMIC.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hmmmm I am not sure I even have an undertray on my car dude :wack:
I will look into gettin an s14 one then and maybe spraying it,cheers for the info guys,you reckon I will be able to buy an undertray if I don't have one?
Also is it worth gettin the polished cold pipe? Does it make any difference or is it just a dress up item?

Last edited: