What's new

Radio single din kit?

E

Endless

Hi, I just recently installed a single din deck on my S15 myself (comes with double din before), where can I can that single din kit (the black box holding the stereo and have a din below)? parts number? thanks. :confused:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Endless3 said:
Hi, I just recently installed a single din deck on my S15 myself (comes with double din before), where can I can that single din kit (the black box holding the stereo and have a din below)? parts number? thanks. :confused:
Originally posted by nicely :)

E

Endless

thanks! however there are some empty space above my CD player too, is there a kit which have the whole thing (bottom din and the top part) to make it looks better?

E

Endless

There is a small gap above my CD player , I have a Pioneer single din deck, no gap below the CD player

P

purplepower

Hi guy's,

Could you confirm something for me please..

My GF's S15 has a double din HU which has stopped working so I plan to buy her a single din unit...

Will I be able to purchase a single din stereo & the black cubby hole type thing posted at the top of the page & thats it?

(I want it to look factory fresh :D )

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi guy's,

Could you confirm something for me please..

My GF's S15 has a double din HU which has stopped working so I plan to buy her a single din unit...

Will I be able to purchase a single din stereo & the black cubby hole type thing posted at the top of the page & thats it?

(I want it to look factory fresh :D )

You'll need a DIN adaptor to fit to the stereo wiring unless you want to work out what every cable is for and rewire the lot :)

a DIN adaptor for a Nissan Micra -00 or newer will work a treat. The very same adaptor is used for Skylines.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is a word, Yes :), the balck cubby thing fills the extra space left by the double din.

Yako, i re-wired mine, was a peice of ken fit i mean really :D, all the wires are coloured and match up :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is a word, Yes :), the balck cubby thing fills the extra space left by the double din.

Yako, i re-wired mine, was a peice of ken fit i mean really :D, all the wires are coloured and match up :thumbs:
OK. I never though about the rewiring. Just bought the adaptor and two "clicks" later the new stereo was wired in :)

but if you want to save ?10 you can do it Toppers way :p

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I only wired it in as i didnt know of any "plug and play" harness that would fit the S15 :rolleyes:, if i had of know i would have bought one.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its a lot neater. My problem is that my Snooper is recessed inside the spare DIN slot. This is great, as its out of the way and easy to read in strong light. However, there's not really any good way to tidy the slot up with it there :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hmm. The floppy cloppy or whatever Nicely said from my skyline might fit then :)

But I want my EBC and speed meter there, so I'll build a custom one from aluminium or something.
Can't be to hard??
just some aluminium sheet, a drill and a dremmel and it should be sorted.

S

SherlockHomeboy

I've got a spare one of those black cubby hole type thing if you want it :)