What's new

Ray's s15 specs

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate, were the bushes easy to change? Also interested to hear the reason for sump change :)
yeah the bushes are'nt to bad to change out at all. they just clamped down with a bracket. bushes have a slit on them so they just slide on.

reason for changing oil sump...
the greddy sump has gussets in it. this stops the oil in the sump from throw to one side on hard corners, so you still have a constant feed of oil. dont want the engine short of oil on the cams or turbo at high revs.. this would happen alot on drifting and trackdays.

Reaction score
makes sense with the greddy oil pan if your gonna do some trackdays and drifting. Was there much to fitting the sump ray? I have one here but im being lazy right now lol

Reaction score
Country
makes sense with the greddy oil pan if your gonna do some trackdays and drifting. Was there much to fitting the sump ray? I have one here but im being lazy right now lol
yeap want to get the car all ready for some fast roundabouts hahaha. yeah i intend to do some trackdays with the car.

not too hard to fit, the hard part was getting the old oil sump out and not damage the matting surface of the engine. just got a crowbar to the lip of the old sump and just wacked it off. try not to pray it off as you will damage the surface. then it was a matter of cleaning up the old liquid gasket. then apply new liquid gasket on the new sump and torque up all the screws. i let it settle over night. no leaks at all.

Reaction score
Country
haven't really notice much. but roughly 85-90. but saying that i do still have the under tray on. if i took it off i would say it would help. also changed the oil that i was using so the temp has changed abit too. normal driving on the old stuff ( 0w-40 ) which was way too thin i got 80degrees. running 5w-40 now:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
just a small update......

just got myself a Aluminum ABS heat sheid :thumbs:
as the unit was alway too hot from the ss mani.

perfect fit but only if you got a small ss mani like a tomei extreme. will not work with other after market exhaust as they will touch off it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Just got my car mapped for first time after fitting the HKS GT-RS turbo, tomei mani and numberous parts.

heres the print out....

so that
335.2bhp (246.6Kw)
426.2Nm torque...

as you can see the power is still climbing at 6500 but because of boost creep it had to stop there..... possibly another 15-20 bhp up to red line.

again torque could of been abit flater too.

but overall really please with result.:thumbs:

Reaction score
Just got my car mapped for first time after fitting the HKS GT-RS turbo, tomei mani and numberous parts.

heres the print out....

so that
335.2bhp (246.6Kw)
426.2Nm torque...

as you can see the power is still climbing at 6500 but because of boost creep it had to stop there..... possibly another 15-20 bhp up to red line.

again torque could of been abit flater too.

but overall really please with result.:thumbs:

This is very good results mate, is this with normal unleaded petrol?

Reaction score
Country
that with E5 unleaded petrol (5% ethnol and 95% unleaded)
rated at 99.2 octane...

my tuner was able to advanced the ingintion so got better power fiqures.

E

Endless

Nice car Ray! I just got my GT-RS turbo on too, and like the power alot hehe, anyway, I'm interested at the nismo steering rack bushings that you got, coz I don't like the original steering's feel as is too soft, is it hard to install? or a easy task?

P.S nevermind as I just saw you have answer this question already =)

Last edited:
D

david

Hi ray.Do u mind me asking how much all them mods cost cause im going down the same road eventually! By the way great car and spec :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Hi ray.Do u mind me asking how much all them mods cost cause im going down the same road eventually! By the way great car and spec :thumbs:
Hi David

Thanks for the comment.... it cost way too much... have totally lost count.
but you can check out the prices on couple of sites i normally use to order my parts...

nengun, rhdjapan, greenline, perfectrun, takakiara etc..

D

david

Ray did u have much bother fitting the front mount behind the standard bumper?
Iv the aero bumper so i might have a bit more room maybe!
Had u much to chop?:confused:

Reaction score
Country
on mine i had to cut alot of the centre section and around the fogs as a result i cant use the fogs at all. check with kimi AFAIK she got the intercooler on with out much hassle fogs and everything still on. not sure what brand of intercooler she used.

M

Matt_S

MIne has an Aero bumper, GReddy FMIC and std fogs still working. The grilles and arch liners arent there tho, so I made some grilles which look a bit smarter. STd Grilles are ?45 each from Nissan (I think, I have asked, but cant remember)

Reaction score
Country
Look what i just recently picked up Yes TE37's

18"x9.5J all round
with a massive +12 offset :thumbs::D:cool: :wack:

and its wrapped in some BS RE01 :thumbs: 265x35xr18

Last edited:
Reaction score
lovely wheels!!!!!

I've got similar spec' as you stored up in my room waiting to be fitted after a few more bits! :) manifold and turbo etc.... :)