What's new

Rolling Roaded The Car Today

M

Meddy

Guest
Had the car on the rollers today and to be honest the car made less than I was expecting. I made 267bhp (234 @ the wheels) and 323lb ft of torque.

It is I think however running way way too rich higher up the rev range, judging by the fact my injectors peaked at 100% duty. So as I allready knew Im going to have to stop messing about and get it mapped up.
 
M

Mr Smith

Guest
Sounds like getting it mapped properly is the next step, you will have a huge performance increases as well.

Are you just going to get the standard ECU chipped or going after a piggy back or replacement ECU?
 
M

Meddy

Guest
Mr Smith said:
Sounds like getting it mapped properly is the next step, you will have a huge performance increases as well.

Are you just going to get the standard ECU chipped or going after a piggy back or replacement ECU?
Dont think mapping will account for that much power really. Now Ive sat and thought about things a bit more Im wondering wether Im actually hitting 1 bar boost. The EVC has no peak hold and the standard boost guage is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, so hopefully when Nengun get their act together and ship my guages I should be able to clear this up.

Oh and its me Holset1 from SXOC Im running your PFC! :thumbs:
 

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Joined
26 October 2005
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Helsinki, Finland
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Using the flywheel calculation, I get 277 from that RW figure. That is fully what I'd expect from what you're running.

You'd be surprised the difference that a proper mapping makes. Be glad its overfuelling higher up if you've not had it mapped. I'd expect it to be lean mid-range and detting its tits off if you're running 1 bar... :eek:

And that torque figure is...erm...optimistic... :p
 
M

Meddy

Guest
Nicely said:
Using the flywheel calculation, I get 277 from that RW figure. That is fully what I'd expect from what you're running.

You'd be surprised the difference that a proper mapping makes. Be glad its overfuelling higher up if you've not had it mapped. I'd expect it to be lean mid-range and detting its tits off if you're running 1 bar... :eek:

And that torque figure is...erm...optimistic... :p
Power FC base map seems to be way rich full stop. The max knock figure Ive seen is about 20 on the rollers I saw a max of 14.

Torque does seem high yes Id agree. Everybodys were a bit off. Just waiting for my print out from Kuddy then I can look at the graphs and pull off the wheel figure.

Im interested to see the difference mapping makes, so will be making a return to Prosport for a comparison after its done. Ive just got to decide wether its worth the effort to go down to Garys or to get it done at RC Developments.
 
F

FLY 200

Guest
dont worry, be happy

I wouldnt be too upset, there are just soooo many variables that you need to take into consideration. (e.g) temp, tune, facility etc. one run can be very different to the next, what was the initial reason for the roller test was it just to see what she would do or were you concerned bout the state of tune etc
 
M

Meddy

Guest
Re: dont worry, be happy

FLY 200 said:
I wouldnt be too upset, there are just soooo many variables that you need to take into consideration. (e.g) temp, tune, facility etc. one run can be very different to the next, what was the initial reason for the roller test was it just to see what she would do or were you concerned bout the state of tune etc
It was just a club organised event. I was interested to get a figure before I had the mapping of the Power FC done just to see what gains I made.

I know a dyno to dyno isnt comparable, but runs on the same dyno on the same day should, be so the only reason I was a bit disappointed with the result was that people running 14/14a's on the day were making similar power at 0.8 bar. Its this that had me thinking my boost controller is not actually achieving set level correctly.

I'll have to relearn it as I did it the first time uphill and Ive been told ideally it should be done on the flat.
 

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looking good mate, i need to get mine mapped too, but with all this snow were getting it will be staying in the garage meantime!

Did it go on the rollers no probs??
 
M

Meddy

Guest
Topper said:
Looking good mate, i need to get mine mapped too, but with all this snow were getting it will be staying in the garage meantime!

Did it go on the rollers no probs??
Yep it went on the rollers no worries. Im only down 30mm from stock though. Some people who were really low had problems with their exhausts catching the rollers.
 

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Meddy said:
Yep it went on the rollers no worries. Im only down 30mm from stock though. Some people who were really low had problems with their exhausts catching the rollers.
Think i may be one of those lot :(
 
Top