What's new

FS: S15 Carbon Cooling Panels

sx-si

Reaction score
im now wondering if its worth copying other things like a s15oc shop
can you ask them how much to do the fuse box cover in cf please dude ;)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I have thought of a few things we could do GB's on but I want to get the cooling panels sorted and sent out first before starting on other bits ;)

Reaction score
Country
Once these start to roll off the production line, will you be PM'ing us to let us know to be expecting a delivery?
It's just so I can try to arrange for somebody to sign for it if they are being sent by courier or recorded delivery :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yes mate, or maybe a phone call as I may not be here when they are being sent out. I'll keep everybody updated when there is progressions.

They will be sent by DHL or CityLink so a signature will be required. If you are not in you can call them up to re-arrange delivery or collect from your sorting depot :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Update

I went over to the fiberglassers after work today to check on the progress and they have made the mold! :) They are going to make one panel out of fiberglass next week (in black, for Dan H) as the CF and clear resin hasn't arrived yet. Once the CF is here then production will get underway :) As we only have 1 mold there is likely to only be 1 made per day due to cureing times etc, so I will get them collected at the end of each week and post them out accordingly. Unfortunatly this means that by time the 20th one is made it will be a minimum of 5 weeks from today, so appologies for the delay.

When they made the mold they had to lay fiberglass over all of the holes in the original GD panel, the corners got chipped and the back has a chunk missing, so it is not in the best condition :cry: (forgot to take pics but will do next week)

Here are some pics of the mold. It does look very good I have to say.. :cool:

(BTW, the edges have been extended on the mold for ease of production. This is the rough part you can see at the edges in the pics and will be trimmed from the panels as they are made)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
On a side note, would anyone be interested in them with a Carbon Kevlar finish like in the pic below..?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yay :D :thumbs: :D
Haha, I thought you might like that! You can do the test fit for us all!! :D

They are just waiting on the black pigment though, but this will be here on Tuesday, so I'll pick it up on Friday and get it sent on Monday.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
just out of curiosity, how much extra is the Kevlar and what pattern is the kevlar is it the same as the above picture?
I just found that pic on Google. It would be a 2/2 twill weave so the same I think! There is a pic below of the actual fabric.
I haven't got time to order any Carbon/Kevlar before I go away so this would have to be something for when I get back (10th May). The labout cost would be the same, just a few quid more for the more expensive fabric :)

Oh Yes I would, looks the B0LL0X:wack:
My thoughts exactly! :nod:

Reaction score
I just found that pic on Google. It would be a 2/2 twill weave so the same I think! There is a pic below of the actual fabric.
I haven't got time to order any Carbon/Kevlar before I go away so this would have to be something for when I get back (10th May). The labout cost would be the same, just a few quid more for the more expensive fabric :)

My thoughts exactly! :nod:

Can you find out how much more, I guess I could wait:wack:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I will find out the cost difference. The only problem is that the CF is on order now so if everybody wants carbon kevlar I will be stuck with loads of CF! It will be at least a couple of months too. I'll get back to you with the cost tomorrow mate :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I will find out the cost difference. The only problem is that the CF is on order now so if everybody wants carbon kevlar I will be stuck with loads of CF! It will be at least a couple of months too. I'll get back to you with the cost tomorrow mate :)
Excellent :thumbs: thanks mate

Reaction score
I think Ill stay with the carbon please mate :thumbs:

So do you know when the CF will be arriving aka when the first week of production will begin?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they will start producing them as soon as the products that we have ordered arrive which will be towards the end of next week. We are waiting on the CF cloth and the resin which is totally colourless as the normal resin they use has a very slight blue tint :)
If any are made by next weekend then I will send them out straight away, but it is more likely to be the week after when we have the first lot ready to go :)

I'll have to start contacting people soon for the final payments to prevent any potential delays.