What's new

S15 Purchase advice

octo

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

need some advice on a car i am looking at.
owner says He is the 2nd owner (multiple owners because of irish tax transfer? I am not familiar with this can anyone explain to me how this would work or if it is BS)

Does anyone on here perhaps know the car? Owner says NCT would not be a prpblem if i decide to buy it, any reason to doubt this?

anything else i would need to look out for?
Here is the link to the car.
Genuine s15 spec R for sale in Mayo on DoneDeal

thanks for looking guys

Reaction score
Country
It's a loophole in Irish law. If you 'sell' the car, the road tax liability of it does not apply to the new owner. Many people do it to avoid having to pay for road tax for a period in the past

Reaction score
Country
If the owner thinks it can pass nct, then get him to do it before you look at the car

octo

Reaction score
Country
Hmmm.. Interesting! Thanks for the quick feedback! Proposed that aswell. Owner did not seem to have a problem with going through NCT with it. Now just hoping that someone on here knows the car or has seen it in the flesh. All info would be much appreciated.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Use Cartell.ie | You find the car... We tell the story. if you want to to check recorded kms, accident history or anything like that. It's a pay service, but might be well worth it.

Think I've seen it before at a car show and don't remember anything bad about it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

octo

Reaction score
Country
Hi Cess,

Thanks for the response. Latest update is someone beat me to it and the car should be picked up on monday. so i guess my search continues!