What's new

S15 spare key

K

Keisu

I tried searching the forum but no results. Where have you got your spare keys? My local locksmith couldn't find one that would've matched and there is like 2 in ebay for about 30-40 bucks. Has anyone switched the locks from S14 or so? Can't even think of dropping the key in the trunk and slamming it down after that..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I hAd this problem myself ,depends on a few things mate,if you have a coded key you will probably need to get the key from nissan,if you don't have a coded key like I don't then can buy blanks from australia that are the right size,I bought one off ebay that said it would work with s15 but its wouldn't so be carefull where you get it from,I will post up a link to the site I am getting my key from later when I get back to my cpu!

K

Keisu

Ye, I bought this Silvia key you see on ebay with 'S' on it and it wasn't the right one. I got a tip from the locksmith tho so I gotta try that out, the second groove ain't the right shape so it might work after a bit of filing but I'm affraid it won't :p

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That the one I got too as it looked exactly the sAme as the one from australia but it turned out to be a different size and shape so am gonna order the other one now and hope it works lol

GTuned

Reaction score
Country
My old S15 JDM Spec-S, had a replica key made from at a local locksmith (here in Cyprus) for 2 euros.. it was a standard off the shelf "nissan fit" key blank.. identical to the keys used on an R33 GT-R, and I suspect plenty of Nissans. I belive the key style changed on the R34 GTR.

The Nismo (all chrome) or GTR (all chrome) key blanks work fine too.

S

S15 SILVIA

Believe the key you need is a 10 cut key, not 8 cut like on some Nissan keys. Something like that! Lol
Went through this myself a while back when I wanted a key cut.
If it is a jdm s15, the keys arnt coded, so any blank will do.
Whereas adm are coded, and the cars came fitted with nats (Nissan anti theft system)

S

s15dave

i got one cut yesterday!

cost me $7.20AUD. (JDM s15, no fancy coding)

he got one blank and cut it, but didnt work, so he got another one that didnt have the shoulder on it or something and works great.

i now use the cut key day-day, and keep the nice "s" black key as my spare.

if it means anything the key has "NIS1" and "edmonds" stamped on it...

i have seen those "s" blank keys on ebay, but meh its just a key, and it was only 7.20 bucks to get it done. i think the ebay ones are about 30-40 as mentioned.