What's new

s15 wont start...help

Reaction score
Hey guys, yesterday evening after washing my car i tried strating it but when the key turned the annunciator lights just dim and a click sound comes without the engine starting.

I assumed i had a dead battery so i proceeded to change the thing but now after connecting the terminals the car just isnt starting. I worked the whole night and tried various batteries as well as jump starting but nothing works except the lights this morning. The radio and wipers even the door open warning lights dont come on.

Also during the nite we accidentally switched polarities. The were no shorts or what and my fusebox fuses look all ok.

Please advise.

Thank you

G

GUEST_JDM

so the starter motor did turn over then, and the dash lights just dimed as if your battery just went flat instantly? that right?

B

baynz

so at some point u conected the battery the wrong way round? did u test the fuses inside the car aswell as testing the ones in the engine bay? have u checked that none of the connections on the starter motor are loose?

Reaction score
Also during the nite we accidentally switched polarities. The were no shorts or what and my fusebox fuses look all ok.

Please advise.

Thank you
I hope you haven't fried the ECU:( Sounded like a flat battery initially but now it sounds like a system failure. I'd be getting systems analysis done by a workshop to check the ECU :nod:

G

GUEST_JDM

you shouldn't be able to fry the ecu i dont think,
man theres a bucket load of diodes in the ecu and every where, diodes only let current flow one way so it shouldn't short but there would be something that at lest got crispy lol,
by the sound of the lights dimming, there must have been voltage or current leak some where some kind of resistive short to ground, my only guess is let the car dry out get a hair dryer onto the fuse box and on plugs that could have got wet n check fuses like the other guys sugested

Reaction score
Country
i had the same issue... found that it was one of the ground wires loose.

easiest way to test the ground is to use a multimeter/volt meter.
first test the battery the see if you get the same reading when you test the positive from the battery to another earth point i.e. engine or chassis.

if you don't get the same reading then you got a bad/loose grounding point. check all points and tighten them up.

Reaction score
Thanks loads guys.. problem is partially fixed. My 100Amp fuse blew. Problem is finding a new one, there seem to be plenty around, but they dont share the same size with the connectors on my fusebox. So till then i guess the silver lady will just lie still....

Thanks loads guys for the input.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Same as C23M, D22, N16E, P11E, R20, V10M, VP11E, Y61 and S14.

Part Number:24370-79910-
Description:CONNECTOR ASSY-FUSIBLE LINK