What's new

S15AK Nurburgring trip

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys

I will be heading off to the ring first thing tomorrow morning, so thought I'd try and post as many pics and info as I can along the way. The ferry leaves tomorrow at 7am (staying in Dover tonight), but if I can get to an internet cafe in Germany I will upload pics as I go, we are there till Sunday so should have plenty..

Pics to follow....

Reaction score
Country
Hey

Good luck and take care of ya self.

I love to go there someday heh.

Reaction score
Country
:thumbs: Cool thread!

Love your car it looks amazing, I look forward to more piks.

Stay safe and dont hurt the S15 :nod:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Did my first lap today and yes it was awesome! Only did the one lap to get the feel but really enjoyed it and wasn't nervous at all. The S15 ran perfectly brakes were solid, and it pulled hard all the way round. I did back off a little 1/2 way round as my oil temp was getting up to 110 (need an oil cooler).

Weather was great today but tomorrow and Friday might bring rain :(

A few more pics..

Camping spot, only 5 mins from the ring entrance.

One of many experience cars at the ring

Went for a drive to the shop, all the roads around the Nurburgring are awesome..

Also take some video footage of my lap so will up load that when I get home..

Food, beer and bed now...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Do you have a camera for clips showing laps??

why didn't i do this when i lived in UK.................

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Not allowed vid cams inside/outside the car on touristenfahrten public days dude :(

Although you can just get your passenger to start rolling the vids when you're past the first bridge... just make sure the marshalls don't spot you halfway round!!!

Great updates Adam and so glad you're having fun... damn I miss that place... must try get there next year and meet up with Benne again :D

Glad the car performed well... oil cooler as you can tell is a must for any track/drift event - Silverstone I lasted 3 laps before the oil was getting silly... had to keep backing off until the next time round when oil cooler was sorted :thumbs:

As you can now tell the Ring is about so much more than just the track... the locals, the amazing cars that turn up, visiting Adenauer, watching mad racing from the trackside... AWESOME TIMES!!!!!

S

S15 SILVIA

I want to go :(
Know the quality of the video isn't the best, but this is where one of them keyring spy cameras would comein handy. Fix it to the front bumper.:thumbs:

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I did get some footage of my laps yesterday but the position wasn't good, so will try again on Sunday. I do have the keyring spy camera things.

Few more pics from yesterday.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
We all went for a bike ride around the outside of the ring today, had casualty though one lads fell off going flat out down a rocky hill and fell head first into the big fence around the ring, result was some major metal rope burns to the face and a hole in his arm so lots of blood.. Got the ring ambulance to pick him up and get to the hospital for stitches..

The rest of us carried on and lucky for us a veron super sport was testing on the track :)

We have a GT3 race series to watch tomorrow then we are all back out on the ring for Sunday..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
see driving cars are safer then bikes, ive been trying to tell a mate whos into bikes (motorbikes)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Did another 2 runs today, wanted to do more but on my last lap my oil temp got past 120 so backed off and called it a day. I did get some footage though so will upload it when I get back, along with some more photos.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Been busy so haven't had time to update this since I got back. I've looked at my video footage and its probably not worth showing. My first 3 runs I didn't have a good angle and you can't see the road, just my bonnet :eek:. I did get a good angle on my last run, but that run was probably my worst so not really worth looking at :(

I loved it though, great place. I was a little nervous about going round as you hear all the stories about crashing etc, but if you know your limit and don't be stupid and take risks, its fine I think :)

Last few decent pics I've found..

This was me parked up with a few other ring toys on the ferry back home :)

Hope to go back when I can, maybe next year :nod:

Reaction score
Country
I´m really sorry I couldnt make it to the ring that week, work left no time for it in may :(

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
No problem Benne, I went with a few guys that had been before so got to see all the sights :)