What's new

S15AK's Nissan Silvia S15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I think I might just buy my wheels and either 255 or 265 and wait till I'm ready to paint the car and pull them then that way I will be able to sort any issues.
Cars looking nice though mate and finally have the weather to enjoy it too!!! Thanks for all your help man, much appreciated

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
My updates these days seem to be about fixing stuff rather than improving/modding :wack:

Still trying to find out why my car keep spluttering when launching, so I've had the vacuum/boost system smoke tested and its fine, and plugs changed.

So next idea was to get it on the rolling road and check the map/fuel/air etc, which all looked fine from the RR feedback

I took the s15 to Tuning Developments in Warrington, which is nice and close to me. Once on the RR they could get it to splutter around 2nd gear on boost. I did mention that my splitfire coilpacks have probably seen better days, as they are 3 years old now and were 2nd had the time. They took the coilpacks out and patched them best they could with this high intense tape which has fixed coilpacks for them in the past. So we put it back on the RR and we couldn't get it to play up so things were looking good, but on taking it out on the road and launching it, still the same :no:

So hence my thread about coilpacks. Everything else has been changed/checked, only other thing it could be is my loom breaking down!

Some pic of it on the RR

Only an inch left, clearance wise!

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate, it is doing my head in, with the weather still nice I missing out on dry road driving!

Ordered the Driftworks coilpacks today so will see how they go, hopefully they will fix it...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I bet mate I have had periods where the weather has been nice and the cars been off the road is a pita! Meant to be nice a few weeks of October as well though so you should still be able to get out and enjoy it mate!
Hope they fix the issue for you bud

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
The S15 is out and about again :D

I bought this the other month when I was working away a lot. It was a drunken online purchase so still not sure about it, I reckon I will get a new gator with pink or white stitching to complement it better..

15 striped pool ball... tried it out today and it feels nice to shift with :)

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Oh and update on the stutter, it wasn't spark related in the end. After having swapping out, plugs, coil packs, looms etc... It looks to be valve bounce, been told about it and read up about and it seems like it could be the problem. So I've order a new set of Brian Crower uprated springs and retainers from the US, so should have them in a week or two.

So later on this month the car is booked in for the springs to be fitted, full service with diff and gearbox oil dropped, 2 x new rear tyres and my fog light moving up into my rear cluster to tidy up the rear. So expensive month!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Car is back to its best! replacing the valve springs and retainers fixed my stutter problem. I ended up getting new Brain Crowler set of springs and retainers directly from the USA, only worked out around £180 delivered to my door. So picked the car up from the garage on Friday and it feels great :)

Work done..

BC Valves & retainers fitted
Serviced/oil/plugs
Diff oil
Gearbox oil
Rear fog lights wired up into my clusters (ditched my crappy add-on fog light)
2 x rear Hankook evo v12 tyres

So all set for a good spring/summers driving :cool:

Reaction score
Sweet, mate. Glad to hear the car is finally running well, you've had that issue for some time, it must have been such a relief to get it sorted once and for all.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
cheers pal, and yes feels good to get off the line now with some decent pace :nod:

The Evo now all sorted by the way? any track days planned for it, as I bet its a beast on track?

Reaction score
The Evo's clutch started slipping, so I've bought a brand new ACT paddle that'll take 650 ft lbs and I'm taking the turbo off again to mess about with it, so nothing planned at the moment. Very nearly bought a billet gt3582 hta kit for it that made 640bhp on the previous car but thought I'd destroy the gearbox if I fitted it. I'm trying to keep it relatively sensible, lol.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
A little update, had all my wheels refurbished last week. Brilliant job they are like new!

Also bought a few coloured nuts and washers that go on the top of the slam panel. (online shopping when bored, was only a cheap purchase).

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Another clean up job I've been meaning to do for a while, headlight restoration..

Before

After

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
3M do a lens restore kit, I've had it for ages just never got around to doing it. I will have a look now what it was and post it up

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Goodies :)

Final decided on my steering wheel setup, most parts have been bought from guys on here so thanks :thumbs:

Nardi Classic Black Leather 330mm (shallow version)
Works Bell Short hub
Works Bell Rapfix 2 - Yoshioka Special Edition
New Apexi filter