What's new

S15AK's Nissan Silvia S15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Haha yeah I am sure the wheels are more of a pig to clean than the hoses will be.
But it is totally worth it the white looks awesome man,still thinking bout spraying my wheels white...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Ok small update, the car as been back with Graham at DCMS for a full service and to add a few extra bits for me. We also noticed that my diff mount was shot, so replaced that with a solid one from driftworks.

Baffle winged sump fitted, so it holds about 5 liters of oil now :)

Do-Luck Rear Cross Bar fitted, this will give the body more support in the middle :)

http://www.nengun.com/do-luck/rear-cross-bar

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
will get some yeah, picked it up last night in the cold and rain, so wasn't great for pics. Will do a few this weekend :)

Reaction score
Country
nice mate, real nice!
does your turbo not melt the front breather pipe resting on it though? my manifold melted mine :( need to source a new one..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers pal.. no the pipe has been fine, I think the worst of the heat is after the housing. Need to get a catch tank anyway and will relocate it all at some point.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Not the best things to take pics of, but I'll post them up anyway :)

Tucked the S15 in yesterday for winter, as it was pretty nice for a day in Decemeber. I gave it a good clean, before putting the cover on. I do miss a garage though, next house we move too will have one for sure...

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Had some work done today, just little tidy up bits really. Fitted my Cusco catch tank I picked up from AllanOrr, but more importantly I've wanted some sort of heat sheild for my top mount setup as the down pipe area wasn't the best looking plus the thing gets dam hot. So had something fabricated up and he's done a great job, its top qaulity stuff he's made it with so very happy with it.

Also we've fitted a bracket to the air filter as it was moving about too freely and had rub on one of my boost pipes so had a little boost leak I didn't know about..

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Oh and forgot I've removed the HKS BOV I had on it, and it looks like a fake to me (was on the car when i bought it), so glad to bin really. So just running on wastegate chatter now :) seems to drive a lot smoother on the motorway now..

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I love that room bar :) nice heat shield too, I had something made for my low mount setup, but more to protect the bonnet after I had my new spray job, sometimes after a journey the bonnet was so hot you could probably fry an egg on it lol

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers pal. Had my eye on that middle brace for ages, so couldn't resist when one can up for sale over here :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Not much of an update, just a few pics from the SXOC Weekender at Bylton. (well I've changed my number plate for a smaller type) :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
cheers ray, yeah was a good laugh as always but the weather wasn't the best, had a good morning weather wise for the track but apart from that it was very wet!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The photographers name sounds painful!!

Cool pics though Adam, looking good :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Not much of an update, but the car wasn't running right and had been cutting out when revved at idle, so that was fun trying to find the fault.

In the end it was the air diffuser I had chucked away when I replaced the old hoses for the white SFS hoses. It took me and Graham (DCMS) about two weeks on and off to find the problem, however in the process it did give the S15 got a good haul over.

Changed/cleaned

MAF
Injectors professionally cleaned
Idle control valve replaced
CAS replaced
Compression tested (all good)
Spark Plugs changed
Smoke tested for vacuum/boost leaks

So after all that it was just a simple diffuser that sits after the MAF to stop the turbo blowing air back over the MAF which can cause over fueling. common problem with Top Mount setups apparently.

So with everything done and now running nice, I had to get the map checked again. DCMS has a good relationship with Jez at Horsham Development (plus I've meet Jez a few times and know he's a good guy), so I took it down there last month as I had a meeting in Reading to go it, so it worked out just right. On the rolling road and its now all remapped and checked over, its now running as it was around 340-350bhp :)

Jez did tempt me with a set of cams, but I fancy a new body kit next...

Reaction score
Very nice, I find the bodykit suits the car, what are you looking at an M-sport one or Vertex Ridge setup?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Thanks I do think it suits the car as well but it has seen better days, plus I've had it resprayed a few times now so instead of doing it again I fancy a change. Thinking Vertex Lang...