What's new

S15AK's Nissan Silvia S15

Reaction score
Country
If it's like mine was, you literally have to force the horn retaining spring in, poke in the two 'sharp' ends of the spring into the boss, then using a small flathead screwdriver you lever and push the rounded part of the spring in. you have to be quite firm with the pressure to make it pop in. Scared me a bit as I thought I might damage it but I read up on it and that's the only way around it.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Parky, yeah I left it in the end and did some research I think I'm ok now. I've got the Work Bell Rapfix so you get loads of bits I wasn't sure about. There is a horn ring you have to leave out of you are using a Nardi.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Finally fitted my Nardi and Works Bell Rapfix snap off hub. I don't normally work on my cars as I tend to break stuff when I do, so this was a moral victory for me as I fitted it without any issues.

Old wheel

Nardi

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Going out on track at the weekend, so get my alignment checked and setup again. Haven't had it done for a few years so was worth it, as it was out on the rears.

How it started

All done

Ollie at Phoenix Motorsport is a great guy, really knows his stuff and has been setting up race cars for years, so he knows his stuff. :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Humm not sure mate, I haven't got a clue really I just put it on the ramp and let him do his thing.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Well its survived Snetterton, the track has some good long straights so could really get up some speed. I got in about 15 laps in all, but my afternoon session was cut short due to my wastegate failing, so I was over boosting which isn't good when you want to push it so called it a day.

The wastegate was on the car when i got it, and it looked like a Tial F38 copy so I have bought the real deal to replace it with. It's some piece of kit looks really well made.

I did have a 0.8bar spring, but this one has a 1bar spring. It isn't a problem as my low boost setting is 1.2bar and max is 1.5bar.

Getting this bad boy fitted next week, and will get the S15 fully serviced as well.

Reaction score
Country
Glad the car was ok, it looked brilliant at Snetterton (unfortunately didn't see it on track though). I got away with cooked brakes (standard discs/pads, were tortured after a couple of laps) and a heavily worn front left tyre (probably from Coram) :D

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate, gutted I couldn't do more laps but will save that for another day. With the long straights it was hard on brakes that's for sure mate, you really have to get on them hard.

Yours looked good, nice to see clean unmolested example :)

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
I really want that steering wheel!

When you polished out your headlights was there any discoloring on the inside as well?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Another visit to see Graham at DCMS.

Jobs to do

Fit new shinny TiAL wastegate
Oil service
Fit rear tow hook

Turned out I had a massive hole in my turbo gasket, which would have been pointing over my old wastgate so that could have contributed to it going. Its been on the car for a few years now and with the heat it can kick out wasn't surprised I needed replacing really.

2 bolts snapped on him but all re-inserted and back together now.

I have been waiting for this T3 turbo to die so I can upgrade to something decent, but it isn't showing any signs of play still. Seems bullet proof!

I was told the spring was a 1 bar spring but seems to hold boost around 0.8bar again. Also it has found a few more bar as it was peaking at just over 1.5bar with the boost controller on its high setting, so just took the gain down a little and its all good. :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Little update, car is now out of hibernation everything checked over and cleaned up ready for Cadwell (trackday) on Monday :)

Ordered some new front bushed tension rod arms to get installed when the MOT/service is due next month as I'm getting a few squeaks from the old ones now.

I'm also on the look out for an undertray, but not sure if I should buy the Gktech one or get something fabricated up...

little pic of her in the spring sunshine :cool:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Looks so good! Love the grey white combo!

also Matt at limitless imports was selling jdm undertrays. Have a look on his traders section! If he has sold out he may be able to get More!

Reaction score
Country
Just had a read through the whole thing and jesus man you have one hell of a car. I am in the process of buying out (just waiting for my car to sell) and have got quite a few ideas from things you have done, and a few questions too which I will PM when I actually get an S15 if you don't mind haha.

Hope to see this in the flesh some day, too many beaten up S bodies around where I live it's nice to see a proper clean and tracked one.

- Sid

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Sid,

Very kind of you to say thanks mate, fire any questions over I've had it a few years now so I should be able to pass on my experiences. Even though I track it once or twice a year its always highly maintained and I don't spank it around the track all day long, just a few laps then come in and let it cool down etc..

Reaction score
Country
No problem buddy, and my main point is you don't seem like the kind of person who would do launches and what not around town, which is rare these days with S bodies. The amount of "drift slag" S14/S13's going about where I live just causing havoc is ridiculous... makes them look like total idiots. Then again that doesn't really happen with many S15s as the price is still high enough.

So I take it you are building this for fast road / high grip ? Or is it more of an all around type (so like occasional drift day or whatever.)

- Sid