What's new

screamer pipe

Reaction score
hi everyone!

just wondering if anyone knew where i could get a screamer pipe for my s15? i dont really wanna go down the shipping from japan job as i dont really know what im doing!??! will i need to pay any hidden extras etc??
is there anyone in the uk you guys could recomend?

ta very much

rich
:wave:

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
hi everyone!

just wondering if anyone knew where i could get a screamer pipe for my s15? i dont really wanna go down the shipping from japan job as i dont really know what im doing!??! will i need to pay any hidden extras etc??
is there anyone in the uk you guys could recomend?

ta very much

rich

Do you have an uprated Manifold and turbo setup already???? External wastegate??

J.

Reaction score
hmm no....not yet, are you gonna tell me i need to have that in place before i can get a screamer pipe?
:confused:

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
hmm no....not yet, are you gonna tell me i need to have that in place before i can get a screamer pipe?
:confused:
Yup :thumbs: A screamer pipe is essentially a pipe that vents the turbo wastegate to the atmosphere when desired boost is reached. The Stock turbo runs an internal wastegate which vent the gas into the exhaust where as on uprated Tubby's you have the option of external wastegate and screamer pipe :thumbs:.

Ive just read that back and im not sure its made sense :wack:

Anyhow, remember, screamer pipes are DAMN LOUD when the waste gate opens up!!! I think they sound great on other peoples cars, good fun when out in someones elses car, but personally I could never live with one on my own! Most people I know who have had them have resorted back to internal wastegate turbos or have plumbed the screamer pipe into the exhaust to shut the things up!! :annoyed::annoyed:

If you do want one tho, its new tubby, new Manifold, external wastegate, turbo elbow and so on. All expensive stuff. The screamer pipe is the cheap easy bit as its just what it says, a peice of pipe attached to the wastegate.

:thumbs:

J.

Reaction score
well thats poo-pood that idea then!
yeah, i did understand the first bit of your reply, i knew what they were but i didnt realise i needed to uprate the turbo etc, and i cant afford to do that right now!
oh well, back to the drawing board for me!
cheers though

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
well thats poo-pood that idea then!
yeah, i did understand the first bit of your reply, i knew what they were but i didnt realise i needed to uprate the turbo etc, and i cant afford to do that right now!
oh well, back to the drawing board for me!
cheers though

lol

im just glad I made sense!!!!! :wack:

My cunning plan involves finishing the chassis first :thumbs: Then my even bigger cunning plan for the engine comes after that :wack:

If however you do wanna spend then get it resprayed pewter cause as everyone on here will tell ya thats a garunteed (sp) 50bhp increase :thumbs:

J.

Reaction score
not another SILVER one......:no::no::no:

blue is best!!!!!

blue = coouel...(cool) see, it nearly rhymes and everything!!

Reaction score
you can get turbo elbows that have a section that goes into the turbo housing that "block" the passage of the wastegate into the exhaust, then has a venting pipe....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you ever plan to do a track day, you best forget any idea of having a screamer. They'll pull you off after your first lap...

Reaction score
yeah, i wouldnt mind doing a few track days, i saw a white pulsar Gtir at castle coombe this year for one of the jap shows (cant remember which one now - the one where the nsx stacked) that was going round the track & that had a screamer pipe on it, i thought it sounded evil, i suppose he was either a-lucky they didnt pull him off or b-perhaps he did get pulled off after a few laps??
still, it was just an idea that looks like i must now forget about! lol

Reaction score
Does a screamer pipe mess up the fuelling? Only mention this as the gasses go down a different exit in the pipe above therefore bypassing the O2 sensor.