What's new

Sonny's upcoming project 2

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Sonny's upcoming T&E Vertex Edge project 2

So first let me start saying, i haven't got a S15 for about 2 years now.
Reason of this is that me misses got pregnant and all my savings we're put in my Silvia, which i needed for the upcoming baby.
And believe me, when you are expecting a todler, you'll need the money.
Selling the car was worth it, for what i got back for it, but untill today it still hurts she's gone, put a lot of love, anger and tears in the Sil.

This was mine btw:

The S15 has always been my favorite JDM car and i'm not finished building the one i love.
But regarding my child, when you have a todler you need to watch your expenses and that is the mean reason why i've still haven't bought an S15.
The reason in my case is, when you buy yourselfs an S15, you are going to want Wheels, Bodykit, Coilovers etc etc etc.
Since i got a bit of an expensive taste, i've decided to do it a little different this time, i dont wanna wait for ages when i've got my S15 before i can afford parts, in stead of that i wanna build my S15 right away when i own one.
That's why i decided to first buy al the parts i need (wanted) (and yes i've got a plan).
When i've got all the parts in my possession, after that i will search for a good S15 sample, but got a few points a S15 must have if i'm going to buy it.
Which are:

- Sunroof
- NAV Dash

Well let me start with explaining the plan i have, with the parts i ordered/going to order:

- TandE Vertex Edge Wide bodykit (8pce)
- TandE Vertex Edge Hood
- TandE Vertex Edge trunk spoiler
- TandE Vertex Edge rear window spoiler
- TandE Vertex Smoked rearlights
- Rays TE37SL
- G-Corporation LED mirrors

Widebodykit is already in my possession since about 2 weeks now:

This project is going to take a while, because all of these parts cost serious money, so i have to save for it.

Final product will be look a little like this:

Cheers Sonny

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
You sound a lot like me...

I was waiting for the S15 to be legal for road use in Canada, so over the years I've been collecting parts for it.

Congrats on the little one by the way :)

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
You sound a lot like me...

I was waiting for the S15 to be legal for road use in Canada, so over the years I've been collecting parts for it.

Congrats on the little one by the way :)
Thanx dude,

It's just that i dont wanna rush things up, even if i could!
And even if i wanted to own a S15 right now that would be an impossible thing, why?, because you will drive it around which costs gas, tax and insurance not to mension wished and unwished maintenance.
Al those things costs serious money every month and so collecting parts take much longer.
That's the main reason why i wait with the Silvia, when it comes i want to build instantly and dont want to wait for ages until i can finish the build.

Next thing on my list is ordering the Edge Hood, spoilers and Vertex rearlights.
After this have been done i will save money to collect the wheels.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
So it finally came down to the second order.
Today i officially placed and payed the second one, so i can wait another 6 months at least for it.

What have i ordered?

- T&E Car Make Vertex Edge Hood

- T&E Car Make Vertex Smoked taillights

As i said, these parts will take me another six months at least till it arrives, so in the mean time i will save another amount for the next parts:

Since it's binding to our law to have side markers, and i refuse to cut the side fenders, i'm going for mirrors with LED side markers.

- G-Corporation S15 LED mirrors (without the daylight function)

And the second parts of this order will include the rims, i've made up my mind

- RAYS Wheels TE37SL's

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
So it's been a while since my last update, still saving the dollars so i can purchase an S15 end this year.
A mate tagged me on Facebook today, cause someone sells his entire Rex in parts, seems he had new-in-box Re-Amemiya fully electric Fender mirrors.
Instantly made contact to the lad, cause those mirrors are rare as fack!!!!!!!
After a fully 1 hour painfully wait, he contacted me back and so i made a deal with him....yeah that's right...i freaking bought them!!!!!!
Can't wait for this

On a S15 it looks like this btw:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Good find. I have not come across these mirrors before. They certainly have a unique look to them.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Well hello gorgious!!!! something really sexy arrived today!!!
Re-Amemiya fender mirrors!!!!!!!!!

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
So the moment was finally there, after selling my Spec R 3 years ago i've bought my 2nd 1999 S15 since last saterday.
This was an absolute steal for the money i've paid for it and so this was finally the moment i couldn't resist to buy it.
This time it's an Spec S, with specs as following:
- manual transmission
- clifford stage 3 security
- driftworks tension arms in the rear
- nismo 17" lmgt4
- hsd coilovers
- yellow gel accu removed to the trunk
- gaitor, handbrake and armrest retrim
- spec R spoiler
- z33 brembo front brakes
- custom stainless steel exhaust
- apexi open air filter
- Pilot xenon
- aftermarket exhaust manifold (not sure what brand)
And a couple things more, have to check the receipts

Pictures:

Freaking doesn't have any rust in any way on it, this Silvia is an absolute stunner!

Last edited:
Reaction score
nice find there... and the exhaust looks nice...
good luck with your project.. and can't wait to see the finish product...
:D

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
nice find there... and the exhaust looks nice...
good luck with your project.. and can't wait to see the finish product...
:D
That will be you and me both bro, pretty sh*tty having the car now but not be able to build it at this mo.
Spring next year i will bring it to the bodyshop to start building the kit on to it.
But before i can spray it in the right color, i first have to order the bonnet and the rear spoiler to.
Think i will keep the oem rearlights as it is, think its a nice combo with the color.
Only thing i have right now is the combination of the kit/color and choosing the right rims.
At first the complete package was the white one with the TE37sl, but since i've got my eye on the grey color, im not sure if the combo of TE37sl and grey car is much of a great one
Got a lot of different rims i like, which im going to choose from:

- Work Meister M1
- Work CR2P (i know Peglio, im sorry)
- SSR TF1
- TE37V mark II
- TE37V SL special edition
- TE37SL

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
So, yesterday i went to my friend which owns a garage. So we could see the car in reallife from underneath, car really looks f*cking clean and has some nice parts going on there. Car has both the Nismo Swaybars underneath at the front as well on the rear and a set of driftworks tensionrods.
Took my Vertex Edge front and rear fenders with me so we could measure the new wheel set up.
Seems i'm going to run this:
Front 18" 10J ET3
Rear 18" 11J ET6

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Tooley,

You have absolutely no idea how impatient i am at this moment.
Really can't freakin wait till it's build and rolin on the road!!!!!

Last edited:

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Haven't updated my topic for a while, lot's of plans have changed on colour, mirrors etc, so here goes:

Last december 2015 i've brought the car to my mates shop, to do all the bodywork and Airsuspension installation.

All arches needed to be tubes, so lot's of work to be done.
Had more parts ordered over last couple of months and have pretty much everything in now.

The rear arches are pretty much done as we speak, just some fine tuning of them.
Front arches should be a peace of cake.
Since i'm going to run airsuspension, you'll notice at the pictures below the rear arches are extended and the fuel pipe has been deleted, tires to wide and car too low!
Fuel fill cap will be placed above on the right rear fender.

All the parts i needed and ordered are:

- Ikeya Formula Tension Rods
- Ikeya Formula Camber arms
- DW Traction Rods
- SSR SP3 18" 10J ET3 & 11J ET11
- Toyo Tires T1 Sport 245/30/18 & 285/35/18
- K-sport Airsuspension GOLD
- D-Max ultra smoked rearlights
- Brembo Z33 rear brakes + Stoptech 322mm disks
- Be Free BK6 Aero LED mirrors
- Vertex Edge FRP hood
- Mishimoto X-line rad