What's new

Trouble starting

P

Paul-S15R

Hi guys,

I've noticed that the car takes a while to fire up, sometimes it barely manages to. Do you think a change of spark plugs will help this?

Thanks,

Paul.

M

MazzyMan

Not sure for climates other than where I live in but the coils do burn out very easily.

Yes...changing plugs might just help.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've experienced the same thing. Didn't do anything about it though as the car always started on the forst attempt. It took a couple of seconds. But it always started. Tried a new battery a couple of months ago and it sounded much better.

P

Paul-S15R

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

New battery, plugs and coil packs. Gonna be pricy!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd go for just the battery and plugs initially. Not bad things to change on a newly imported car. Remember that the battery would have been allowed to go flat for six weeks on a boat, and you don't know when the plugs were last changed.

M

MazzyMan

A hair line crack in the coils gave me problems but it never happened all the time.

Our climate here is HOT.

P

Paul-S15R

Im wondering whether to go one step or two steps colder for my car. I read somewhere two steps is a good option but I feel its a little extreme?

Currently at 0.8 bar, but once fuelling is checked would like to have the option of 1.2.