What's new

Turbo oil drain tube on block

Reaction score
Country
I've changed to a top mount turbo set up, and replacing all the oil feed/drain lines with braided hoses and AN fittings. I also want to replace the oil drain tube on the block that connects to the turbo drain line with a 10AN fitting. The weather hasn't been very cooperative the past couple weeks so I haven't been able to check out the drain tube to see how it's connected to the block. Has anyone replaced this drain tube before? If so, how does it come off and what size thread does it use? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
isnt the oil return connected to the turbo via a 2x10mm bolt flange - wouldnt this make using a earls type fitting awkward unless it was on to the existing oil return hard pipe?

Reaction score
Country
isnt the oil return connected to the turbo via a 2x10mm bolt flange - wouldnt this make using a earls type fitting awkward unless it was on to the existing oil return hard pipe?
I've already replaced the stock oil return flange on the turbo with a 10AN earl fitting. Just need to figure out what size the oil drain tube on the block is screwed into. It's been raining here none stop the past couple weeks, haven't had a change to get out and take a look at it.