What's new

Which ecu should i get?

Reaction score
Just a word of caution with daughter board applications and stock ECU's.

I went down this road a few years back and I found that the biggest drawback was that the stock ECU was trying to re learn the information that the piggy back ECU was telling it, resulting in I was losing tune after a short period of time.

I then went to a stand alone computer and problem solved.

Remember that a daughter board is only going to change information before it reaches the main ECU, its reaction to this information can vary and exact tunning can be a bit hit and miss, as I know

Reaction score
stick with the apexi power fc, you cant go wrong with it. You can map it yourself with a good wideband and a laptop. Theres the official apexi software available or you could use the datalogit cable and software both good options. With the likes of the mines ecu you need mines to map it, not exactly easy when they dont have your local fuel available. Wouldnt touch any of the greddy piggybacks because they dont cost that much less then the apexi standalone. If youre thinking about drag then consider the motech option, a lot more expensive but has alot more to offer. Id only go the motech route tho if you have alot of money and good tuning support.

Reaction score
NIStune is not a piggy back unit.
It replaces the original tune so it can't go back to it as far as I am aware - it is like changing the EPROM chip but your are not changing the chip, just reprogramming it.
The reason I'm keen on NIStune is:
*It is cheaper than PowerFC - $240 for daugher board, $200 for software and $110 for Consult cable (if you don't know a tuner with software and cable) = $550 or around £225 (they are Aussie dollers remember!)
*It goes inside the original ECU casing - insurance company will never know
*If all goes wrong you can go back to original factory settings
*You can still use Consult to diagnose any problems
*No wiring, just plugs in