What's new

widebody rb25'd s15

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
2 years!? Why take that long? And do you really need a custom cage? There was a bolt in one on bay for 400! :)

I like the wheels alot! And mega offset! Incannonly think the guy above was being sarcastic?! Lol.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I hope he was haha, as for two years it's not the time to finish the build it's the money, I want to completely rebuild the car, I'm having all subframes powder coated, still need to buy control arms for the rear and anti roll bars, I want willwood brakes front and rear, I want a carbon bonnet carbon spoiler, drift works rear knuckles, drifts works brand new seats and harness,s, Perspex windows, the link g4 ecu with mapping comes to around £2k, I want a fully forged rb25 built with n1 ware n oil pump, it he top mount manifold is coming in at almost £1k.. I don't wanna skimp on a lot of parts and here's a lot of things I want new, I want a nursed exhaust, etc etc so it's gunna be a very well built high spec build with top quality parts which unfortunately come at a price :-/

As for the cage I wanted a through the dash one and a Mate of my brothers builds them so he's doing it for a good price.. I wanted lots of bracing on the cage and lots of gussets from car to cage etc not something a bolt in cage can offer, however the cage will be MENTAL I hope :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Couple of updates nothing exciting, cage in booked in for June time so I need to remove all the interior, all the windows and all the sound deadening prior to this,*

So far I've removed all the interior and the dash:

Also removed the air con whilst the dash is out:

Started removing the sound deadening:

All the rear sound deadening is out just the front left,

Had my rocker covered painted blue (slightly different blue to my car but it was cheap) and I polished up my front cover.. Just need to put some metal polish on it so it's mirror finish,

Also bought toe arms and camber arms for the rear, fitted them last night just no pictures,*

Bought some fuel tank straps, they came powerder coated black:

And lastly I 'borrowed' this carbon cooling panel off the old owner of the car(a mate of mine) to see if I wanna buy it or not, cant seem to get it to fit 100% yet tho what do you guys think?

That's all for now, still waiting for mike to come finish all the welding in the boot, couple it'll be done in a couple of weeks
h

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Well not a huge update, but I have a new part :D I've just purchased a Greddy top mount manifold, (I've been looking for a good top mount manifold on and off for around 6months now) this one came up on skylineowners for a reasonable price so I bought it, came all the way from Finland here's some pictures:

As you can see its of very high qaulity but that's what you'd exspect when this was originally purchased new for £1300!

Test fitted it to the car:

It fits really well, I briefly put the turbo on top (no pictures) and it just misses my rocker covers my a few mm lol, the manifolds had a t3 flange welded on, so I've bought a t3 flange from eBay once it comes I'll cut all the old flanges and adapter plates and crap off my ihi turbo and have the new t3 flange welded on, then I can bolt it up and fabricated all pipework etc :)

Also more work has been done to the boot, not finished yet but on its way

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Haha glad you noticed because i didn't, I'll replumb it all when I get a chance, thanks for that :)

Got up the workshop today, didn't get as much done as I wanted as my lanlord and his son manage to rope me into wiring some stuff up,*

Anyway here's where the boots at, at the moment,*

Took mike ages to cut the new floor into shape, it's such a funny shape:

The angle section that holds the tank in is going to be cut into the floor, floor removed welded to the bracing below, ad adittional bracing on the corners put the floor back on and cut another floor section to sit directly under the tank

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country

So I had abit of a play with fitting the turbo etc,*

Here's what I was left with after cutter the old adapter flanges off,*

New Flange I bought:

As the bolt holes over lap each other I decided to cut up the old flange on the turbo,

As Nike my normal welding guy wasn't there, I asked another guy at the units to weld the flange on, I tacked it where I wanted it and gave it too him,

Welding doesn't look the prettiest, wish I'd of waited for mike, but as long as it does the job itll be fine,

Fitted the turbo:

Turbo looks funny I know, such a tiny tubby togo top mount with, but it's such a quick spoiling turbo I want to atleast run the car in on it and get used to it, before going full wack,

Then started on the hot side intercooler,

Alot of this:

Abit of this:

(pipes just tack welded atm, will get mike to weld up when he's next here)

Will probably make a bracket or two to support some of the pipework, because it's steal and not alloy or of it weighs abit,

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Got a window man to come round to the unit last night to remove all the glass for the cage, (bar doors as I'll just wind them down, and I can remove them myself of needed)

Unfortunetly the front windscreen smashed :( but he did warn me before he did the front as the seals had gone solid (probably the weather over here compared to Japan) and he said its more then likely to break,
So hopefully a heated front screen will be on the cards :) seems to be the only ones you can get over here,
Anyways here's a couple pictures,

That's all for now :) Unfortunately the guy doing the cage is having to move out of his unit, so the date for the cage is having to be set back but it's looking like he's going to do it in my unit so I should be able to get some good pictures in stages of it being made, won't be for a month or two tho

I

Infidel

Wow man....

I wish I had as much toys [tools] as you. All I got are cheapo tools, 2 jacks stands and a jack that doesnt even fit underneath my car.

Keep up the good work.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Wow man....

I wish I had as much toys [tools] as you. All I got are cheapo tools, 2 jacks stands and a jack that doesnt even fit underneath my car.

Keep up the good work.
Cheers mate, I am lucky however I still need a ramp I've been borrowing other people's in other units lately! Think I'll purchase one soon

Im real keen or the widebody at the rear how much did it cost you?
Thanks mate me too, I bought the car as a shell with the arch work already done, to have the rear arches fitted and smoothed in, full body kit fitted and paint came to like 2 and a half grand :-/ if it was me I'd of pop riveted the arches on :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Havn't updated this in a while, been doing bits and pieces nothing exciting, as always people seem to let me down, however this time it's for understandable reasons, the cage isn't getting done for a few months as the guys having to move workshops, however I bought a rear diffuser from Clive over the weekend, and had ago at fitting it yesterday and today, I'll let pictures do the talking:
Massive rear diffuser:

Eye up:

(exhaust's are just to prop it up, they don't represent a want for twin exit of anything silly :) )

Alot of cutting:

Bumper probably came on and off about 10 times,

To give an idea of the finished look, the placed my spare bootlid on the car (I will be running a blue one once finished) then I borrow jays spoiler as its pretty much the same as the one I'm buying)*

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I for one think it looks awsome, still got a few brackets to make etc, the number plate isn't the right one for the car, just all I could find at the time and wanted to see the angle it sat at, *it looks abit 'busy' with the black bootlid and driftworks sticker, but I'm sure it'll look even betterwith the clean blue bootlid, and an exhaust poking out :)

That's all for now

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Got some more done on the boot floor tonight, after deciding that if I'm doing the boot myself I may aswell weld it myself, so I convinced someone up my lockup to let me borrow there big arse welder and gas for the night! So welded up all the bars, here's some pictures of my crappy welding (it's strong enough just doesn't look neat)

Welded in this extra bar:

And the one painted white (these are for one of the fuel tank straps to bolt through)

Ground it back flat:

All welded up and ground back:

Primer'd up:

Rough idea of how it'll look finished:

The floor/welds are more then strong enough, I even stood on them to try them out :)

Next I need to weld the tank base and floor in, and a couple of welds from underneath need finishing, I'm hopefully to borrow someone's ramp todo the next bits so not sure when that'll be,

That's all for now :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country

Managed to get the car on a ramp this evening todo a few welds underneath, altho I didn't take that many pictures of the welding to be completely honest,*
Here's a few pictures of the car up in the air:

Close up of the boot underneath:
( the panel at the back nearest the diff has yet to be cut off flat, shows just how low the old boot floor was tho,

So I started by cutting slots in the tank base so that the fuel tank straps could be slotted in, (where as before the thickness of the tank base wasn't letting the straps sit flush with the tank)

Then placed the floor in the boot, and sat the tank base in ready for welding, probably went abit over kill with welding this part in but I was getting used to the welder and ended up wanting to weld anything and everything lol*

You can see the different it makes doing it on the ramp instead of laying under the floor, the welds at the top of the pictures above where done under the car, others on the ramp,

Couple more:

I also tacked the floor in by which point the welder started splattering so I called it a night, think I'm going to buy some 0.6 wire and tips todo the thinner sheet welding, as I've been using 0.8 up untill now (it's all pretty new to me just what people have recommended :) )

That's all for now, pushed the car out and back into our unit for another day:

More I see the car with that stock front bumper on the more I like it, I'm thinking or removing the number plate bit in the middle, and running a splitter? Means I can run the car on 17s up front as my bodykit front bumper is too low to the foor

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
haha welding is indeed fun I've just been doing a welding course at school. I'm pretty perfect now after practicing for a bit
Indeed I'm no where near perfect, but better then some I've seen, I wouldn't work on other peoples cars unless it was exhaust, but on my own car I'd rather do as much myself as I can, might not look the neatest but along as its strong enough :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
nice build up . would be good to solve your rust issues though .
thanks, and it will be before paint, some of the rust you can see in the pictures is being cut off anyway :)

Went up the lockup for a couple hours today, just doing some borrow jobs like removing sound deadening, as always I took some pictures, for anyone who's done this job before you'll know it's a nightmare of a job and very time consuming,

Anyway heres the pictures:

All the glue left behind:

After some metal polish and a scrub:

Same again on the other side:

Again above where the stock fuel tank was:

Anyway you get the idea, here's an after picture of how the rear of the car came out:

Will obviously need sanding down and prepping for paint when the time comes,*

Also whilst removing some of the seem sealant behind the front seats I found some rust :O*

Found a half empty tub of this that came free with my old s13 shell:

Have left it over night to see what it does, not sure if that stuff can go out of date or not? Suppose we'll see tomorrow, if not I'll go and buy some other treatment,

Thats all for tonight :)[/QUOTE]

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
The cage guy is still out of action at the moment so decided to buy a few things,
first was a BMW e30 on bike carbs lol ( won't bother posting pictures as its not part of this project,

As for the main update I said to look out for about 5 weeks ago it was my driftworks seats and harnesses, 5weeks delayed they finally turned up today, these seats are awesome! I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Think this must be driftworks saying sorry for the delay:

Got some driftworks prollybushes for front and rear lower arms:

Bought these a few weeks back, rising sun performance (now dynotuners) uprated coil packs:

Then a few engine parts came up for sale over the weekend, so checked the bank balance and within 3 days this lot was at my door,

1.5mm cost worth metal head gasket:

Genuine Nissan N1 oil pump:

Genuine Nissan water pump and acl bearings:

Second hand 1mm oversized (87mm) forged wiseco pistons and stock rb25 rods (won't be used the rods) along with a full set of brand new pistons rings:

When they arrived:

After a quick clean:

Also orderd some high impedance top feed injectors to run on my top feed greddy fuel rail from rising sun, they have also changed all the injectors plugs on the loom to gtr plugs, hopefully will be ready some time next week

Thats all for the moment :)

Nissan water pump and acl bearings:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
also bought this months dose'age of parts:

managed to get a rebuilt head which has had the following work done:
skimmed
pressure tested
new valve stem seals
valves reground
new exhaust manifold studs
nuts and washers
exhaust manifold gasket
camshaft oil seals
all bought new from nissan

also came with a rsp head drain kit,

also got some tomei pon cams, havnt got any pictures of these yet apart from this one:

stock camshaft on the left, tomei on the right, can clearly see the difference, will get better pictures soon but tbh there just camshafts lol