What's new

widebody rb25'd s15

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Right got up the unit today to find most my cage now complete, just awaiting two more bars welded in from main hoop to rear bars,
And then finally gussets to finish it off, hopefully going to paint next week,

Anyways here's the pictures:

So went and got my seats and made sure then still fitted with all that cage in there lol, tight fit but there good,

Then started cutting my dash, had to cut a lot more then I wanted to but hay ho, picture of the dash in:

Decided that I'm going to fit all the fuses that where originally in the engine bay under the dash where the old airbag used to belong:

Just got to make a bracket for them to bolt too,

So car goes to paint next week hopefully, heated windscreen turned up the other day so I've got all the glass ready to go in once painted,

That's all for now

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
cheers guys, unwrapped the new front windscreen to check it today:

heated eliments:

not a fan of the tinted bit at the top so may need a sunstrip or something to cover it, lets just hope i can get it to the workshop without smashing

Last edited:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
I had a phone call about 3 ish today saying the cage was all done,

Well what can I say went to the unit and looked over the car... Can't fault a single thing, exactly how I wanted it, VERY well done, it may of been a long time coming but it's one hell of a cage! Definitely worth the wait!
Here's some pictures of the finished product:

All I can say is chuffed! Honestly this guys work is amazing! And when you look at the amount of work and time that's gone into that what he's charged me isnt alot for that type of cage

Pushed the car into another unit tonight, and will hopefully get some paint sprayed on over the next month :)

Got my rear wheels now sorted too, gone for second hand Rota GTR-D's to match my fronts, but these will be the mighty 12J wide et 20 collect them in two weeks!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Lots of things have happened in the last month, paid 3 grand for a 650bhp package with a forged rb26, I got stitched up and took it home to find it was standard :-/ so anyway in alot of dept now, but my rb25 is now at dyno tuner (rising sun) and will be built over the next month.

also been spending alot of time on my other project, but I have the GTR-D's

So picked these up friday afternoon for a bargain, although they do need a repaint/small refurb

They also need new tyres, there 295s in there at the moment but I may go for 305's not too sure yet

Rota GTR-D in the mighty 12J's
There 18x12j et20, sit on the arch fine, once the cambers all straightened up they should be sitting nice, maybe a slip on 10mm spacer always here's some pictures of them:

Sit perfect I think, will have plenty of grip to get the power down,

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
These turned up a few weeks ago:
D2 8pot Yes 8pot front calipers
And 330mm rotor's band new managed to bid for them from japspeed on eBay, got them a a few hundred quid cheaper,

Test fitted em up front:

Ideally I wanted 360mm but these where too much of a good deal to pass on:

Next part turned up today, last bit I need to have my engine built, Conrods.. Wanted apex ones but they couldnt get them for weeks so after shopping around I bought some Manley forged conrods from conceptua :

Dropping all the engine and bits off to dyno tuner/rising sun tomorrow so they can start building it

Should be picking up my custom turbo lines they made too

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Picked these up the other day, made in house by rising sun, i left them my manifold and turbo for a week and they made them to length, was impressed by the oil return, price wasn't too bad either

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
There 50mm and I believe they came from ep racing, but what make they I don't know unfortunately mate

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Helped my mate prep the cage and rest of the inside ready for paint last night, went down today and its now all in primer, I've taken tomorrow off to help him flat it all back. So hopefully tomorrow it may see some colour! Has been far too long, taken months to get to this stage can't wait to finally has all the glass back in etc

Few pictures:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Anyway on with the project, car finally saw paint today, will be getting finished tomorrow, then left for two weeks and then flattened back (as there's a few runs) here's some pictures, looks kind of grey as the light wasn't great but in the flesh it's mega bright white.

:) pretty pleased to be honest, hopefully if finished tomorrow windows will go back in next week

Oh and a big thanks to my bro ( kitchen fitter) who sorted with me out some units today, not going to lie we went about over the top haha still need to fix the wall unit and door on, and get a new worktop, but here what we/he made today, I wired the lights in haha draws have soft close in them and the doors have push catches and self open haha, bit of a waste in a car workshop but it was free!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Got the car back today, few more pictures in the flesh, I've since wiped all the over spray off of the doors. There's some runs in the paint but they'll all be polished out in a couple of weeks, window guy is coming Monday to refit them all.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys.
Got the windows fitted today, such a difference, new front windscreen fitted fine. Once the workshops abit more clear I can get it out and give it a long well deserved wash! Ready for fit everything else back in, also fitted boot/rear lights/ boot latch/ door seals inners and outer and front windows :) moving along nicely

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looks awesome!!! Always wanted to see this finished ,coming along real well dude!
Did you get new window rubber?? Looks super clean