What's new

Window not coming back up automatically

E

eknny

My driver's side window got smashed recently then I got it replaced but now it doesn't come back up automatically, it goes down but not up.

Did the glass company do something wrong or is there something I have to do to reset the switch?

Reaction score
Sometimes the windows get reset and loose the automatic up and down function. To reset them you need to put the window down a bit then put it back up but keep holding the switch up for about 15 - 20 seconds.

It should work but when they loose the function it doesnt go down or up automatically so not sure this will help you!

E

eknny

Sometimes the windows get reset and loose the automatic up and down function. To reset them you need to put the window down a bit then put it back up but keep holding the switch up for about 15 - 20 seconds.

It should work but when they loose the function it doesnt go down or up automatically so not sure this will help you!
Thanks for the help, I took it to Nissan who said that the holding down switch only works for newer cars and theres a switch on the motor that needs adjusting. Costed too much to get it fix :(

Lesson learnt: Don't leave the job to Nissan especially after they tell you what the problem is

Reaction score
No probs!

Well it deffo works on my car.... Ive done it before and mines a 1999?? But mine doesnt work up or down..?