What's new

2fst4u's sr20det spec S take 2!!!

Reaction score
Country
well if you are getting over fueling..... maybe its not all staying in the intake system....... what pressure does the air get up to once the butterfly closes? have you leak tested your piping to 40psi and listened for leaks at that pressure? your clamps and joins might hold fine at 14psi but are they holding the sudden spike? is any of that air blowing back past the turbo and venting out the low pressure clamps where crank pressure goes? is some of that pressure making it out back out the AFM for a moment?
Is some of that pressure going down and getting past the idle air control valve?
In the quick moment that it spikes you don't actually know whats happening with that extra pressure, some cars were designed from the factory and dont run BOV, the S15 on stock ecu was designed with a BOV.

with a BOV you know exactly where that pressure spike is going to vent around too

Reaction score
Country
ive got a great idea to totally solve the problem............................ put a stock BOV on block off the bypass hole and recirc the air back in.

Reaction score
Country

Straight from NZPC @Spoonman.

Although, it doesn't mention damage to other parts of the engine.

Reaction score
Country
if it makes you feel better my surf does not have a BOV its just straight from the turbo into the manifold. However on my 180 the mighty 35R will be getting a pressure vent, only sounds i will be making are screetch of tire, and scream of gate, no gobbling turkey under this bonnet, you keep that out west auckland

Reaction score
Country
Moved to the shore :p

I need to find an atmospheric that can close fast enough to not let the mixture stay rich for too long like the fake SSQV did

Reaction score
How is the BOV being blocked off any different to it being recirculated as far as the ecu is concerned? Air goes in, none leaves the system.
Oh dear, your running a MAF sensor with the stock ECU, when the WOT is abruptly closed the ECU is reading for that returned air, if it doesn't come the stock ECU senses a leaning out and immediately over fuels to protect the engine from perceived damage

Reaction score
Country
Oh dear, your running a MAF sensor with the stock ECU, when the WOT is abruptly closed the ECU is reading for that returned air, if it doesn't come the stock ECU senses a leaning out and immediately over fuels to protect the engine from perceived damage
Doesn't it recirculate after the maf? How can it measure it if it doesn't pass through it?

Reaction score
Doesn't it recirculate after the maf? How can it measure it if it doesn't pass through it?
Yes it does but it also involves the O2 sensor and the ECU tuned to register the returned air in the induction AFR's, so what its is reading is not enough inducted air( returned + inducted) so the ECU over fuels to protect the engine..

Reaction score
Country
Ok, so the world hates me.

Car got stolen last weekend. That's the end of that then.

Reaction score
Country
watch trade me and facebook silvia parts groups for parts you will recognize, then contact then asking to buy and go beat the crap out of them.

Put up a my car got stolen on FB with heaps of pics

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yea fully insured. Cops aren't doing much but I don't expect them to. I don't expect them to drop everything and scour the city to find my one measly car.

No broken glass, no leads, nothing. Just gotta wait another week for the insurance to value it based on photos (**** I hope they were good photos).

Yea I've got alerts for s15s and Silvias going every day.

To be honest though, they've stolen it without the keys, so ignition barrel is ****ed either way. Best case scenario I never find it, get a payout and move on with my life. Worst case I get it back soon and am out of pocket trying to fix it, which will never be the same.

Reaction score
Country
this was part of the reason i sold mine, it was that thought of all that hard work and some sub human scum steels it and you left with bugger all..... another guy on here 4 years ago got his stolen in chch scum put it in a ditch half an hour after steeling in insurance said year its worth 6grand............ was a 20k on trade me car......

Reaction score
Country
That's what I'm afraid of. What's the effing point if declaring it's worth to the insurance company, only to have them value it anyway? May as well say it's worth a dollar and pay lower premiums.

Reaction score
Country
you next car, bring it down and ill install a spoonman special "you cant move or start this" security system

Reaction score
Country
Haha what does it involve? I realised the other day simply taking out the fuel pump fuse would have done wonders