What's new

2fst4u's sr20det spec S take 2!!!

Reaction score
Country
yes that is true you wont notice anything............. but that air filter came from supercheap auto........... ask soichi tate if he wants to run one of those in his GTR......he will slap you...... and im offering to give you free of charge a fully cleaned K&N one with far better cleaning ability and flow ability then that ........................
AND
A GFB boost-t to replace that spring and ball piece of crap that you there

Reaction score
Country
yes that is true you wont notice anything............. but that air filter came from supercheap auto........... ask soichi tate if he wants to run one of those in his GTR......he will slap you...... and im offering to give you free of charge a fully cleaned K&N one with far better cleaning ability and flow ability then that ........................
AND
A GFB boost-t to replace that spring and ball piece of crap that you there
Haha deal. I'll take it.
I'm not messing with the boost until I can afford my awesome boost gauge. Why are gfb better than turbosmart?

Reaction score
Country
What are gfb?

Edit: as in, how do they work?

EDIT EDIT: Also, back to the question, wtf is on my wheelarch?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Driveshaft loops in. The roadworthiness aspect of this car isn't something I wanted to meddle with so I got a garage to bolt them in. They ended up putting a hole in my Exhaust in the process. Great.

They've since fixed it at no charge though and now the paperwork is off to get the cert done. Sounding like a tractor for a week want all that fun.

And my intercooler fell off hahaha. Got that fixed for free too. Bad luck after bad luck

Reaction score
Country
So spoonman kindly sent me a K&N air filter for free to replace my crappy "calibre" brand one that the previous owner so brilliantly decided to install. Damn. I was just gonna let that thing stay there until I got around to replacing it but the k&n, whether placebo or not, has done the following:

-Stopped afterfires from the BOV dump to atmosphere (how does that even happen? Could the previous one have restricted air flow so much that the car hiccuped?)
-Far better induction noise
-Smoother gear changes (mostly because of the BOV dump being smoother)
-Far smoother driving all around.

Seriously, the car feels like new. Chur (translation: thank you very much) spoonman for the freebie.

Don't skimp on your air filter, people!

Reaction score
Country
Pics or it didn't happen

This puppy made the car awesome, courtesy @spoonman

I finally got my cert. For anyone in aus or UK (or anywhere really) this is what it looks like:

So I'm finally roadworthy! Tick in the box.

I added these too. Should give me about 5bhp each.

Shop up the road fabbed the battery bracket for free so I could pass cert too.

And my warrant of fitness ended up being valid for a year thanks to brand new rules. Sweet deal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Finally sorted out a windscreen washer. Was a bit of a bastard but after a bit of thinking I figured it out without needing to take off too many panels.

Man I suck at taking in progress photos. If you want any close ups of something I've done then just ask and I will. Otherwise I'll assume no one cares.

I took the rear washer hose (since I don't use it anymore) and routed it to the boot, then cut the hose towards the front of the door sill to connect the extra hose, poked it through the firewall and connected it up to the nozzles.

The electrics were a bit trickier. I used 8 meters of wire in total (4 red, 4 black) rated to 25 Amps as the washer circuit is fused at 20 Amps. I poured over the wiring diagram for ages and finally clicked that I could splice the new wires at the steering column. (if you're ever doing the same thing, I found this to be the best) red-to-red-to-red (as far as I can tell, the original red needs to remain in-tact to power something else in the switch) and black to green (in place of the original wire as this is just to close the 12v circuit and make the pump run). Then routed them to the boot.

The mounting holes on the bracket fit perfectly into the two holes in this position in the boot. No drilling required.

This is the item I bought
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00495UQT2/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_XFQ9tb19TN3GH

I probably won't use this much. But it was a good little project and is required to get a WOF in NZ. Some places are Dicks and will ping you for not having one, others are more logical and are happy if your wipers wipe and leave it at that.

This would also be a good item and a good place to mount an intercooler spray if you wanted. Pretty much the same principal but different spray nozzle and switch

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
as silly as it sounds, its true....
certain air filters cause the air flow on the stock AFM to spiral which in turn causes fluctuating false readings of your AFM.... in turn you engine can run alright then weird the alright again, too much fuel then not enough fuel...
Running something like a Z32 or RB afm totally eliminates this problem as the dont use off to the side port sensors.... stupid design really

So spoonman kindly sent me a K&N air filter for free to replace my crappy "calibre" brand one that the previous owner so brilliantly decided to install. Damn. I was just gonna let that thing stay there until I got around to replacing it but the k&n, whether placebo or not, has done the following:

-Stopped afterfires from the BOV dump to atmosphere (how does that even happen? Could the previous one have restricted air flow so much that the car hiccuped?)
-Far better induction noise
-Smoother gear changes (mostly because of the BOV dump being smoother)
-Far smoother driving all around.

Seriously, the car feels like new. Chur (translation: thank you very much) spoonman for the freebie.

Don't skimp on your air filter, people!

Reaction score
Country
I don't really see the point in going to the effort of upgrading the afm and getting a remap when I intend to get a link later on. I'm still getting little pops every now and then but no were near as bad as the 'paper mache' filter

Reaction score
Country
Little pops..... anything causing your ecu to think there is more fuel in there then there actually is

Boost leaks,
not recircing your BOV air
o2 sensor not reading right
a poor condition vac hose going to your fuel reg
a way OTT fuel pump with a stock fuel reg .

believe it or not a GTR or Z32tt fuel pump is too much for the stock reg to handle and car will over fuel and get little pops
just the same as putting a walbro 255 into a DE on stock ecu fuel reg and it will overfuel and pop & split a few flames occasionally on high load gear changes

Reaction score
Country
I have a walbro but it should be ok in the det shouldn't it? I'll have to slowly get through the others. Bov is eliminated so it's not that

Reaction score
Country
a walbro 255 is fine in the det as the det uses a 4bar reg and needs that level of fuel supply its when you put one in a de with a stock 3bar reg that it overfuels a little bit

Reaction score
Country
How is the BOV being blocked off any different to it being recirculated as far as the ecu is concerned? Air goes in, none leaves the system.