What's new

Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

I'm sure you guys had fitted one of these. I'm gonna tackle mine soon so a couple of questions before I start.

When you put it in, how do you set it? As in do I need to leave any thread for the alignment?

A - This should be the locking nut so that the thread doesnt move around

The part where i got confused is B and C.

How should I adjust this? Leave it as per the picture B & C sticking together, unwind and lock it with A? But how do the guys do the alignment as both end is torque down to the body/knuckle?

I did a search on the net and some of the guys leave a bit of thread between B & C? Might be a stupid question but do they move if you leave abit of thread in between them?

Maybe nicely or meddler would be able to shed some light :p

Thanks guys

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
A locks the outer thread to the arm. B and C lock the inner thread to the outer thread. C is actually the locking nut for B. Leave no thread between B and C. Adjustment of both give you the length adjustment. It may sound confusing but when you start playing with it you will get the idea.

I adjusted mine to be the same length at the original. It is imperative that you drive your car to get a wheel alignment straight away after fitting the new arms, otherwise you may destroy your tyres in a very short period of time.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I spent quite some time today trying to remember how they worked. Couldn't remember so good thing Meddler did :)

Just as meddler said, get the wheel aligned afterwards. I thought I did a good job measuring up the arms. But my camber was waaaay off when I got to the alignment place.

Reaction score
Country
Yes I will definately get it aligned after fitting it all up. I'm just wondering how should I set it up so the guy at the alignment shop can align properly.

Thanks for the tip.

So basically I need to unlock A, lengthen the arms with nut B, then lock back A? Or do I have to unlock both A and C before I can lengthen B?

A

auxoura

Just wondering, does the brand matters when you fit adjustable rear camber arms?

Reaction score
Country
hey brian,

All the difference is the material they are using and the bearings. I have heard of rear camber arms snapping in half with china camber arms.

The real reason I went with cusco is because their bearing comes with rubber boot to protect it from dust.

If you look at all others like kazama/ikeya, you can see the exposed bearing. If sand/dirt are trapped between the bearings, you run the risk of killing it very quick which is not something i want. For a track car, that is not a problem. But street cars...

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
what ray said with the lock nuts. As long as you get the length close for the trip to the alignment shop you should be fine.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys. Now I have a pretty good idea how to do it.

Now to wait my toe arms to get here so i can get it all in. Will post happy pics after install :p

Reaction score
Country
Need some clarification guys

On the S15 manual, SU-18

13 Rear Upper Link = Rear Camber arms (pretty sure this is)
14. Front Upper Link = Traction rods?
15. Lateral link = Toe rods?

Looking at the torque values now

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Need some clarification guys

On the S15 manual, SU-18

13 Rear Upper Link = Rear Camber arms (pretty sure this is)
14. Front Upper Link = Traction rods?
15. Lateral link = Toe rods?

Looking at the torque values now
Probably too late, but that is correct.

Reaction score
Country
Hey meddler,

Thanks for that. No, not too late as I'm doing the installation this friday night :D

Colin,

Donuts? lol I too baby my car to do donuts, but bringing it to gymkhana on the 5th april, so hopefully with the new alignment, things will get alot better. First time out with coilovers and proper alignment :D

N

nices15man

hey man you thing says your in perth!
did you pick these up localy or order them in cause ive been thinkin bout gettin some since i fitted my teins an cause of the camber it wont hold traction in first or second anymore :( ... i cant find em on ebay or anything

Reaction score
Country
Hey man,

Yeah I'm in Perth-s15 as well, does my nick looks familiar?

LOL

I was in luck when i pick these up cause one guy had a brand new set for sale and i picked it up for 350 delivered. Freaking steal at this currency

However toe arms i've ordered them through Streeter, cost me 450 delivered which is about the asking price for them.

If you need contacts to streeter, let me know and i can pass his email to you. He's a major exporter in jap, everyone in ns.com uses him, got my coilovers through him last year as well

N

nices15man

hahaha it does now!
yea man if you could throw us that email id be wrapped!

Reaction score
Country
Damn finally got them in today... after 4 hrs of struggle...

Compared between stock arms

Alignment tomorrow and she's ready for gykhana on this sunday! Cant wait

Reaction score
Country
Not really painful, just lots of nuts to crack lol

And some of the arms have hard to reach places, had to use a combination of spannars and rachets to get them off

Hardest part was probably the nuts at the hub as the suspension has to come off, and the hub moves freely so when u apply force to undo the nuts, the whole hub goes up and down taking away some of the force

Question:
Car has been aligned at -1.5 camber at the rear, and my rear is raised now?? I'm not sure if they touch the height on the coilovers...

Used to be no finger gap but now it's a 1 finger gap... very annoying

Last edited: