What's new

Another JDM Spec R build up

Reaction score
Ordered these just before christmas and they arrived while i was on holidays always nice to come home to a new package ;)

They monitor tire temp and pressure and will be fitted to the R33 gtr rims before new tires go on obviously. The head unit plugs into the cig lighter so that wont be a problem to swap
between cars either.

Reaction score
Got this as part of my christmas bonus from work this year, id been trying to get it for a few months but was told it was too expensive and not to buy it. turns out it was just a cunning plan from my dad and his mate who works at a model shop to suprise me, thanks dad!!

It is the most expensive and detailed model ive got, i actually have to partly build this one. Will post a few pics as i go hopefullu i dont balls it up!

Damn i love this car

Reaction score
Pics of zonda, easy to put together just have to be careful putting the tiny screws in the tiny mirrors onto the front clip.

Reaction score
Got some N1 sideskirts for the R32, still need front guards and rear quarters $$$ :(

Getting hamburgers and meat pies

Reaction score
Here you go

Made a 12v led light setup for my model set, wiring needs to be tidied

Another pic

Have a good weekend!

Reaction score
Well 3 months went by pretty fast, where does the time go!

been chipping away slowly, only way to do this unless you are earning some decent coin..

finished off this hayes model engine, cool to show mates who have no idea what is going on inside their engines. Fires plugs at correct time and the timing is adjustable lol.

Painted steering wheel plastic bits semi gloss black

Reaction score
A noisey rb26 came up at a reasonable price, id slways wanted one to have as alternative to my rb2630 hybrid incase that engine turns out to be a smoke machine with too much torque. More on this later ill just let the pics tell the story for now

Bought a r32 gtr loom and ecu in perfect condition to make the conversion alot easier into my rwd gtst.

Then i started to clean and dismantle

Reaction score
Cleaned up and painted igniter then filed the top back. Original i know...

decided to wrinkle paint one of the 3 plenums i have

fitted up

Reaction score
Bought front camber arms for the r32, made by one of the local v8 supercar engineers these fix the inherent problem the r32 front double wishbone suspension had compared to the r33/34 design.

on track 5 years ago :s yes its been that long, cry

Bought these for a hundred bucks each they were meant to be 3 years old but turned out they are 10! Holy crap i hope they atleast last half a day they are or were the soft compound

Reaction score
Fitted and balanced, also put the tpms in to replace the standard valves, forgot to take pics but i basically siliconed the sensor to inside or the rim after it was bolted up.

Reaction score
Working on the nutbuster mounting point, not done yet...

New 32r coil pack loom and knock sensor/cold start valve loom.

My dog, still sleepy the little slug

my inspiration for over ten years

Reaction score
Stripping the rb26 further, stole the stock ceramic turbos and standard injectors and rail for the 2630. It has been rebuilt roughly to stock specs by me 4 years ago before i started my apprenticeship.

Turbos off, cleaned up

Needs dump pipes and a clutch

Reaction score
Got hold of a second hand pair of standard rb26 afms, still need airfilters. dont be fooled by nismo boxes heh

About take the sump off the rb26. Ive just started the rebuild of it. More in the next installment, thanks for reading

And just lastly jack monkhouse rallying his awesome s15 on mca suspension. Just how good is the s15 platform!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well what a bad year this has turned out to be. Firstly my dad has an operation for prostate cancer which went well and hopefully he is going to make it through it, and then a week before i was due to finally take the skyline out on track i completely blew up my L5/S1 disc in my back. Have spent the last two months trying to recover but it just wasnt happening so i had to have an operation on my back/spine this week. Im now looking at 2-3 months of rehab before going back to work, althought to be honest i think im goin to have to find a new career which sucks because i love mechanical work. I guess if i can get to the point where i can drive cars again and be able to so my own work on my cars ill be happy with that.

Now that is over ill spam some more pics of this thread with what ive been upto. One of the biggest challengers has been the mental aspect of it all but even from my hospital beds ive been ordering what i can to keep some sanity.

Ill let the pics do the talking for awhile