What's new

Any plans over winter??

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
whats plans have ppl got for over the winter for the S15???
any big mods or just keeping it in the garage?

untill i find myself a good roundabout i will be using my throughout winter and trying not to trash it hahaha cleaning mines gonna be like a b!tch

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
My plans revolve around waiting and waiting and waiting till my car arrives from Japan!!

However, I shall be using the time wisely and purchasing a few goodies ready for its arrival. This will more than likey include:

FMIC
Fuel Pump
Boost controller
Coilovers
Z32
ECU
Exhaust
Induction
Injectors
Plus anthing else I can think of in the mean time.

Then, Sometime during the summer its new turbo time which will probably end up being a GT3071R unit. Then we find out what a stock engine S15 makes and for how long!!!!

J.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Put the new gearbox on.

This will involve fitting:

Replacement 6MT
Nismo Super Coppermix
Nismo big clutch slave cylinder
Nismo strengthened pivot
APP clutch hose

Other thing I would quite like to do is fit the auto mirror close circuit... :rolleyes:

Think that's just about everything then...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
justin666 said:
My plans revolve around waiting and waiting and waiting till my car arrives from Japan!!

However, I shall be using the time wisely and purchasing a few goodies ready for its arrival. This will more than likey include:

FMIC
Fuel Pump
Boost controller
Coilovers
Z32
ECU
Exhaust
Induction
Injectors
Plus anthing else I can think of in the mean time.

Then, Sometime during the summer its new turbo time which will probably end up being a GT3071R unit. Then we find out what a stock engine S15 makes and for how long!!!!

J.
You should add a chip or new ECU with that.
The engine can take qiute alot of punishment. It's the gearbox you should be worrying about. :)

My plans are:

S15 plans
*Fit Oil cooler with relocation kit and in-line thermostat.
*trial fit new wheels when they arrive.
*try to fit fog-lights (involves making custom brackets and some custom wiring).
*fit Speedbleeders (for the brakes)
*engine, brake and diff oil change
*reconnect the OCT
*fit rear camber arms

Skyline.
*wash and wax :)
*convert headlights for LHD traffic
*Trial fit black BBS wheels
*general preparations for Swedish registration
*clean interior and engine bay
*save money like a backwards goat to be able to afford the paperworks needed for registration
*engine and brakeoil change
*fit speedbleeders (for the brakes)

Golf.
*oil and filter change
*occasional wash

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
Yakozan said:
You should add a chip or new ECU with that.
The engine can take qiute alot of punishment. It's the gearbox you should be worrying about. :)
ECU was on my list buddy ;) Did notice i left clutch of that list tho!!

Im hoping that the box can take a bit more punishment than the GTIR box but we will see . Has anyone really ever pushed the standard 6speed box to see what it will take before it destroys itself?? The Pulsar box internals aint to bad but its just that the helical cut gears put excessive pressure on the box end casing and causes it to break :( Maybe I will just search around a bit first and start up a new thread with regards to the box :thumbs:

Cheers

J.

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Nicely said:
Other thing I would quite like to do is fit the auto mirror close circuit... :rolleyes:
what's the status of the instructions?

My winter projects will depend on when my engine finally arrives from Australia... hopefully I'll get everything on my list installed over the winter and ready for Spring.. :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The difficulty is that there is no wiring diagram for mirror close circuit, as they weren't fitted to the ADM cars and, therefore, aren't included in the ADM workshop manual. In itself this isn't a problem, however the auto-close circuit is a multi-car fitment and the instructions don't say 'for S15, use this wiring layout'. They just say 'check the workshop manual for you wiring layout' :rolleyes: The translated instructions help a certain amount, but I need a sparky to help out with the rest. Once I've done that, I can do a 'small charge' write-up to help pay for the cost of the translation :)

Reaction score
My plans are just getting the car through ESVA and getting it registered. I think i'll just enjoy it for a little after that :cool:.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kimi said:
sushiming said:
untill i find myself a good roundabout
Ming,

you drifting then :D :p

my winter plans are

put my old wheels back on due to salt on roads,
and may start looking at interior now, as i've got more than enough power.
haha no just something to get me to and from work as iam running up the mileage on the S15 i want something cheaper on petrol just for work

Reaction score
my plans involve waiting on the car to arrive then full service head to toe then a remap and some subtle changes like carbon mirrors and a nice nismo rear spoiler and to get rid of the horrible chrome lights that are on the car :hurl:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
S15: -
Remove Blitz Bov
Fit HKS Bov with re-circ
Might fit new rear upper arms and get alignment redone (if i can be bothered/weather is ok for car to come out)
Spray washer bottle black
Paint rear calipers
Fit HID's
Save money for mapping once weather improves....
... Other than that it'll be in the garage with its cover on :)

Fiesta (GF's) -
Finish custom grill and fit
Wash ocasionally

Focus -
Use and abuse..... :D

R

robf

winter????????

Well >>getting some UV lotion and checking out the surf while you poor buggers get chilled out.
PS i dislike salted tarmac. :cool:

S

S15_silvia_

im hoping to have my silvia by jan at the most!!

im going to look at one neet week i think..its at prodriftuk.co.uk..its a white one...ming i joining you with a white one m8! :thumbs:

fingers crossed i get this one if alls well with it.

any one delt with prodrift at all?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh dazzio from here got his spec R aero from them aswell havent heard anything bad from him best bet to let him tell u off his experiences with them ive heard all good from him thats all and they seem like easy ppl to deal with.
I hope u like cleaning cars tho?? u thinking why...... cuz like me iam always cleaning mine cuz i cant stand the car being dirty at all.... :D