What's new

Battery

Reaction score
Country
I've had to buy a new battery for my recently imported 15, so I thought I'd stick up a post with the details, as I couldn't find any when searching.

Armed with a tape measure, I went to Halfords to find one matching the original that was fitted. Mine had got a small battery that I assume is original as it's a Nissan one, and it sits on a little plastic tray, which in turn has got little lugs locating in the metal battery tray, and a small clamp. Size wise, it's roughly 120mm x 185mm x 220mm high, with small terminal posts, with the positve at the back on the right.

Anyway, the Halfords equivalent is HB028 :thumbs:

S

S15 SILVIA

Handy to know cheers mate, Any idea what battery is needed for front mount intercooler fitment? or is this one ok for that?
Mike

Reaction score
Country
I think it is small enough to turn sideways, but I don't know if the terminal leads would reach or not without trying.

The other battery Halfords had that was the same size was HB154, but it had the terminals the opposite way round. That might keep the + terminal closer to the original position when turned sideways if the leads are short.