What's new

Be carefully when buying from this guy

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
My dealings with a fellow "member"

August 2012 as a birthday gift to myself and money from family and friends I decided to purchase a new kit for my s15, after doing a lot of research I decided on the kit I wanted.

As the kit was hard to come by I found a few people had purchased it from a fellow "member" and gave good reviews saying that the kit was great figment and quality and the person selling it was easy to deal with. I sent a pm to a few members who had the kit asking for a bit of advice and all seemed well so decided to contact the seller asking for a kit.

Was told a price for a front bumper and side skirts and that if I payed now I could have it for my birthday weekend. Thought great and stupidly paid via bankers draft as I trusted the guy, came to the weekend no kit arrived contacted the seller and was told he was running behind will be Monday thought that was fine by Thursday contacted him again still no kit was told another week went on like this till around end of October. Would not answer calls, texts and kept putting it off even ended up speaking to his gf/wife who acted as his assistant passing messages to him. Finally got another contact number and another two-three weeks later my kit arrived, badly wrapped slight damage in transit and the worst finish I have seen of a kit.

after visiting several body shops for opinions even though it could be made good it was still a disappointment and cost me extra in body shop costs to have it sorted.

He sells vertex kits on here and other parts which people have had problems with even on driftworks.

Last edited:

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Damn! I paid for rear spats .
Its more then 3 weeks still didn't got my spats...
what to do now?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well he sent me a pleasant PM earlier, so if your getting no reply of him he's avoiding you. Keep trying mate

Last edited:

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
you shouldn't have had to remove it jay, if someone is being unfair with selling/buying parts surely our fellow s15 owners should be allowed to be made aware, otherwise were promoting him/her

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have to agree , end of the day your kit wasn't to the quality mine was and his service to you was nothing like the service I received so I think that people should be allowed to make an informed decision whether to buy from him with all the facts to hand...
He even admitted the kits weren't to the same quality and he knew that and still sold it so its not like you are being unfair if anything it should have been replaced free of charge

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well I will do this as a view from my point of sale. Then leave it to other people to make a decision.

Reaction score
Just thought i'd add my two cents in here. I had pretty much exactly the same experience as Jay-Pan. I was told it would only take 3-5 days or something.

When no bodykit arrived i contacted him on numerous occassions with the promise that it would be getting sent Monday etc etc and I would be able to track it online.I patiently waited and still no parcel had turned up or even been sent. Anyway, after numerous phone calls to his wife/partner (as this was the only person i could get to speak to!) the kit arrived. Not in the great condition that other members had spoken of and certainly not near oem fitment.

It seems quite shocking that the people who are miles away and need the kit sent by courier get the lower quality kit which obviously hasn't had the time spent on it that it should have.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Alex at least I'm not on my own, had the same about tracking numbers even phoned TNT myself to be told nothing had been booked even though I was sent a tracking number from the guy which was fake.

Matt it's a member who makes vertex kits, if people want to know I'm happy to inform them over PM.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Makes me feel bad because I have recommended him to a few people who asked my opinion on his kits , seems out of everyone who has bought a kit off this guy only myself and dean got good ones.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Its a strange situation.

Some kits are exellent yet some are from reports rubbish.

Would be nice if he seen this thread him or herself and commented to explain.

Its possible theres a reasonable explanation.