What's new

Bridgestone V Grid

F

freebird

Hi just bought a 1999 s15 specR the rears are Bridgestone V Grid 205/55/16 and to me they seem very hard, they spin up in 2nd gear in a straight line the back end slides very easy is this the norm? :confused:

I have had a 320bhp MR2 Turbo and that would not break free in a straight line :notworthy:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
where abouts u from buddy...???
depends how long the tyres have been on maybe its time for a change or new rims :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Freebird is in NZ :) Fill in your location in your profile, mate. We've got folks all over the world :)

Could be they've hardened up or they are over-inflated. If they don't soften up soon, you might want to get something better :) It can be easy to make the back end go, particularly if you aren't used to RWD, but it shouldn't be too easy...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Remember the engine is at the front now, so traction will be effected as there is less weight over the rear wheels than your used to.

Mine had Pirreli P6000's on when i got it, they were very hard and useless in the wet, got some Goodyear Eagle F1's now, they are amazing in comparison, best tire i have owned.

Reaction score
Country
If you imported it from japan then it may just be the Japanese tyres ? Quite often these are a hard compund and give poor traction (imo).

F

freebird

Toyo Proxies nothing beats them:thumbs:
Yep I'm with you Proxies T1R's are fantastic, and for the money nothing beats them. Time to invest I think. :thumbs:

By the way I'm from N'Ireland too, Ballywalter Co Down :wave:

Living in New Zealand now thou

Cheers Nicely profile filled in