www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Last edited:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I was hoping somebody had found an alternative source since your original thread
In true Nissan fashion, the replacement bulbs and sockets (sold together) cost an extortionate amount, so if you know of cheaper alternatives, go for it. Don't be tempted to use white LED bulbs. These are too glaring and play havoc with the colouring of all the warning lights and back-lighting.
I'll give them a bell tomorrow, great "How to" thread as always Christian, thanks :thumbs:

U

udi

Interior main: 269 (10W) 30mm length
Map lights: 233/BA9 (8W or 10W)
Are the map lights the same in the sunroof and non-sunroof s15s?
I have the sunroof version, and it only has one map light. It's a 10W bulb that's all I know.

Also, assuming the answer is yes, will these (or similar) be a direct bolt in?:
Map: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110333155062
Interior Main: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220548273307

Thanks

Last edited:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Christ you weren't joking when you said Nissan were gonna rip me off, the bulbs are all about €7 each after VAT - ridiculous money.

I was planning on replacing them all as the car is ten years old and two of them have gone recently (to add to the one that has been gone since I got it :rolleyes: ) but it'll cost me almost €150!!!!!

I rang three dealers based in Dublin and the best price I got was as follows:

Type A (24860-40F01) €6.00 before VAT so €7.26 x 14 = 101.64
Type B (26262-01P40) €5.72 before VAT so €6.92 x 4 = 27.68
Type C (24860-40F02) €6.71 before VAT so €8.12 x 2 = 16.24

Grand Total = €145.56 supply only!!!!

I'll email the Nismo shop in the US, RHD & Perfectrun but has nobody else come across an alternative source?

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
My silvia has the OEM HID bulbs can i get a higher k bulb??? since my HID kit on my 14 was 8k.

anyone know?

plus will the OEM ballests power a higher k bulb??

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Why would you want 8k? You might 'look cool' but you'll see fook all on the road at night. 8k actually give worse light than normal halogens. They're brighter, but the clarity is worse.

http://www.hid-conversion-kits.com/
Yes i read that the lower the k the brighter the light.

Well the OEM HID dont seem that bright atm, the hid kit off my s14a i think they were 8k or could of been 6k seem to be brighter. The OEM ones are 4300 so maybe 6k would be good. But my question was could i use the existing ballests or will i need to buy a new kit and bin the OEM ballests?

The ones from my H1 HID that were on the 14 were much brighter than any halogen bulb i bought prior.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Ballast voltages can be different, so you'd have to check.

The S15 lamps are pretty crap at lighting the road, but no more crap than the S14a. I changed from an S14 to an S15 and the difference was huge. I found a nice troubleshooting guide you may find helpful: http://atlaslightingsupply.com/HIDtroubleshooting.html

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Ballast voltages can be different, so you'd have to check.

The S15 lamps are pretty crap at lighting the road, but no more crap than the S14a. I changed from an S14 to an S15 and the difference was huge. I found a nice troubleshooting guide you may find helpful: http://atlaslightingsupply.com/HIDtroubleshooting.html

Cheers mate i will have a read. Think i will also go and ask the Headlamp engineers in work since there HID fitted on the Astons and Jaguars etc with all that auto leveling crap.

L

Luddy-C

Bump :p

I've got Trial's former S15 now and gotta replace those front sidelamps. Wonder where's the best place to get blue ones...
Still havn't changed the ones in the dash cluster cos I'm half afraid I'll break something :)

My front right indicator works some days and doesn't work other days, very strange. Can't be a bulb problem if it works sometimes surely..

Cheers for all the helpful info guys :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
More likely to be a wiring problemi would check it all over see if you can spot anything that's come loose,sayin that though could be a bulb on the way out be worth changIng it just so you can eliminate it from the equation

Last edited:
L

Luddy-C

Could be that alright, I checked the connections where it enters the headlight unit though and they all seem ok. I'll have to check out where else it connects. I've got bulbs anyways so I'll try that, cheers man

D

davib

sorry to revive old thread
map light
BA9S .. has anyone bought one ? i've bought 2 pairs and they don't work !!!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Same question really as davib??

Any one from the UK change their interior map reading lights? I did order some BA9/233 bulbs from ultraled.co.uk but they don't work, so not sure were I am going wrong?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I've ordered some slighty different type of the BA9/233 bulbs so will let you know how I get on with them :)