What's new

circlip?

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
can some1 give me a quick idea about strengthenin da 3/4 gear circlip?. what is the problem with it? thanks

Reaction score
some times it pops off... or snaps...

this is because the "groove" that is cut in, isn't that deep, so the clip isn't that thick.

remove the 3rd/4th counter shaft, take to a machine shop, get them to deepen the cut for the clip, then get a bigger, stronger circlip to go in the new deeper cut groove! :)

Reaction score
yea me too, if you're takin' the box off and apart, i personally think you'd be a fool not to!

cost litterally ?50 tops at a machine shop. then find a new circlip.... but could save you ?650 on a new box if yours was to go in later life!

G

gunner93

Hi all,

Reminder : Please post some pics here if you guys have a chance to do the circlip. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
I picked up a slightly damaged S15 box for $80US, yes $80US. The guy was frustrated and put in an S14 5 speed. I am gonna take my time and strip it down and hopefully it's just the circlip that's the problem. Will get some pics as well.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
has anyone actually done this circlip themselves yet? some pics and details of how difficult it was would be immensely helpful.

I'm considering geting it done, but may have to pay someone to take the box apart as i dont feel too confident at the moment!!

:)