What's new

Cranking for ages before starting

Reaction score
Country
I had a sterling alarm and push button start fitted the other day and now once it's been left a while it just seems to crank for ages before it will actually fire sometimes I have to pump the throttle a couple times. Generally once it's been ran a couple cranks and it fires but the next morning can be a nightmare any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Difficult one tbh, if you have to pump the throttle it sounds like an air leak issue. Did you have any intercooler pipes etc off to have it fitted? Or did they remove any of that.

Other issues could be them wiring in to something inappropriate for their power or earth sources.

or if they've wired in an imobiliser fuel cut, then the wiring could be poor and the fuel pump not receiving the full voltage/amps on cranking.

Very odd one though! I would personally have it all removed and wiring checked as a push start is naf and only a source of problems if fitted poorly. And I've never heard of a sterling alarm, is it cat rated?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah cat1, no but the bracket that was holding my blitz filter in place snapped causing my intake to wobble all over the place disconnecting the vacuum pipe to the boost controller etc but iv respected all of that and it's still the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
What sort of battery are you running? Is the starter spinning over at full speed?