What's new

diferent grades and prices

O

ozzie

a very good friend of mine imports cars but im sure you have your own site importers so i wont step on there feet. i was just wondering what you guys paid for your cars? and what grade they were when they left japan? with what mods spec r or s
cheers guys.

gotta love the silvia

Reaction score
Country
1.2 Million Yen for a grade 4 B White with full Aero bodykit 81000KM.

I was very lucky with the price, was getting out bid on inferior cars before on over 1.45 million !! Probably because it was completely standard but i as more than happy with having as it looks completely unabused :)

Prices can vary afterwards depending on agent fees, exchange rate etc. Charlie @ ProdriftUK got the vehicle OTR at a very good price for me though :)

O

ozzie

the 1.2 mill was not incl on the road then? even still thats alot cheaper than buying one on autotrader most ive seen are over 9 grand

P

Pazz

Be aware that "most" cheap/bargain S15s and their dealer/seller will not want to supply you with the auction sheet or will have purchased the car from a dealer in Japan - which opens up all the doors for general condition/mileage problems etc.

The OTR price must of been good Jez cause the sale price is only 6-6.5k which is awesome for a 4B full aero.

O

ozzie

well ive been offered from my friend whom i trust alot a 99 spec R in white grade 4 for 7.4 on the road i cant remember what he said the k's were but it was in the 50's i think

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
do u mean £7,4k?
thats not really possible really,,,,, cuz that mean it hasnt been ESVA

O

ozzie

yes thats what i mean he told me it would be l;egal with 12months mot tax and reg plates so surely that will be sva too or it wont get and MOT

P

Pazz

How did this person you trust a lot aquire the car? Auction/Dealer? What was the sale price in Japan, no offence but sounds like either a grade R or a car minus ESVA.

They sell for anywhere between 1-2Million in japan then theres:

Auction fee
Currency Translation fee
De-registration and Handling fee's
Transport fee's
Import Duty
Model Report Hire
ESVA
Registration + Plates
MOT + Tax
Importer Fee

to name but a few

O

ozzie

auction no offence taken at all matey, maybe he is just heavily discounting me, i have known him for a long time lol we both served in the military together

P

Pazz

Ah yes, sorry just seen that you said the grade of the car above so must of been auction. Well ask the person for the auction sheet and read the info on it.

Even if he is heavily discounting, I would of thought if it was a grade 4 B then he would be selling at a loss at 7.4k.

O

ozzie

just spoke to him he wouldnt be selling at a loss he would brake even on the car all i would be doin is covering his costs

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The grading should just be an indication to the condition of the car.
You should always have a guy in japan to check over the car. USS auctions can provide this for you but an even better alternative is to have a dealer you trust over in Japan with a license to attend the auctions.

Your friend probobly knows this though, so nothing new.

I estimate that the car price from the auction would be around 800k JPY if you get the car ready in the UK for about £7k.

It's probobly possible to find a grade 4 for that price, but as I said earlier. A grade 4 could differ from another grade 4 by far.

most grade 4s are generally decent to very good though.
A grade R can also be decent and a grade 3.5 too. Just have to find the right cars :)

If you plan to keep the car a while I would up your budget a bit.
Or be prepared to do some work to get the car in perfect condition even though it's a grade 4.

Have a look on japaneseusedcars.com
You can find prices from recent auctions there to give you a hint on what you would get.
add about 100000 JPY for FOB price.

Then you can do the calculations yourself to find out about how much the car would cost.

((car price + freight)*tax*VAT)+ESVA+some extra for things you forget to think about ;)

((???+500)*1,1*1,175)+1000+800

Edit: my car was 1880000JPY from the auctions 3-4 years ago.

Reaction score
Country
My car was 1.22 Million Yen in auction which i was very very lucky to get considering the car i got, that was about £5800. OTR price is a fair bit more than that! LOL! Came to a smidgen over £10K !

Most decent grade 4's sell for between 1.3-1.5 Million yen which is over £6K. After the agent fees in Japan, shipping, duty, ESVA etc your looking at least another £3K !?? And thats just the fees you cant avoid.

Any car that is selling for less than £8K then i afraid it couldnt have gone for much in the action, probably less than a million yen meaning its either a tatty 3 grade or accident repaired R grade ?

I find it hard to believe any trader can make any profit on a decent grade 4 or better S15 for less than £9.5K, esp with the current exchange rate. They are still popular cars in the auctions and prices have sbeen steady and even increasing for decent ones over the last year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got mine for 1,750,000 Yen 2 months ago.
*Bought from a friend so no dealer/auction fees
*L-pack e.g. Leather seats
*51k km
*100% original as it left the dealer
*Full Nissan service history
*Imaculate inside and out, exception being a slightly marked lower dash (the grey/silver part).

Reaction score
Country
*Imaculate inside and out, exception being a slightly marked lower dash (the grey/silver part).
Yeah, that part always seems to be scratched, was the same on mine, immaculate except for that.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The lower dash panel (basically anything painted silver) scratches like a bastard as soon as you look at it. IMHO, the worst thing about the car.

Last edited:

subzero

Reaction score
I got mine for 1,750,000 Yen 2 months ago.
*Bought from a friend so no dealer/auction fees
*L-pack e.g. Leather seats
*51k km
*100% original as it left the dealer
*Full Nissan service history
thats very good, any highly modded s15 will see near 2million fob .

mine was an impul democar , and was straight and in mint cond .