What's new

Do you have an 80s alarm clock or a bong?

Reaction score
Country
My late '01 Spec S has a horrendous beep-beep-beep-beep alarm clock sound for door open or whatever. I've seen other S15s in videos which have a nice bong bong bong noise. Which do you have?

More to the point, does anyone know how to stop it from going on and on all the time you have the keys in with the door open? It's extremely annoying.

Reaction score
Country
It's a simple case of unplugging a connection in the steering column I'm pretty sure. No ill effects and doesn't break anything else. Not sure which one though sorry

Reaction score
Country
easier to unplug the switch on your door that just by your seat belt, thats what i did

Reaction score
Country
easier to unplug the switch on your door that just by your seat belt, thats what i did
The steering column plug isn't hard. Wouldn't disconnecting the door switch prevent the interior lights from turning on?

Reaction score
Country
The steering column plug isn't hard. Wouldn't disconnecting the door switch prevent the interior lights from turning on?
prob.... ive just never had a issue getting my 87kg arse into the seat light or dark, so never really even thought about that.

Reaction score
Country
Here we go. Even took a photo for you.

Just take out the 5 screws from under the column (should be Phillips), then take off the top and bottom halves, get your gypsy fingers in the gap and undo this plug. It only disconnects the bong and nothing else.

Reaction score
Country
Actually, I just figured out it does something else equally annoying but more bewildering.

Every time you turn the car on, the rear demister turns on after about a minute. I have no idea why and I'm 100% sure this is what's done it because my old Silvia did the same thing, with the same mod. I thought it was just a quirk but this basically proves this plug does it.

I have no fecking idea why. Wiring diagram doesn't show it at all