Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Are they any good?
Where to get one?

I've noticed my engine rocks a little when revved, i have also managed to crack the stock cast manifold, so wondered if one of these would help.

Cheers
Topp

Reaction score
many say they're just a half arsed job..... just get engine mounts and transmission mount.

but.... they're A LOT easier to fit and quicker. They do the job though, although different application, mate of mine had the spoon one on his integra. could feel it fitted..... then just before he sold the car, he started takin' bits off to sell seperately. i went out in it, and without even knowing he'd started stripping it... i asked "you taken the spoon damper off?"....... the answer was "yes".

:)

Reaction score
Could do but will also transmitt lots of noise, vibration and harshness to the cabin. I would say go for Nismo engine and gearbox mounts first. Also the engine wasn't designed to take load where the dampers mount i.e be a stressed member - although noone will be able to say if it will effect headgasket etc for sure. :)

W

way2fastforu

i used to have an spoon engine torque damper in my old sir civic an found it very good stopped the engine rockin an helped get more power to the wheels so i found it very good.

Reaction score
Running a hpi one on my silvia with nismo mounts, id miss the damper if it wasnt there and thats no bull.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't be fooled into thinking that the gearbox and engine mounts won't transmit lots of noise...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
your manifold has gone too dude? Ironic huh... considering mine went the other day.

I was considering this aswell, however hear rumor's it didnt help :S

M

Matt_S

OK, Id say get the Nismo engine and gearbox mounts and if youre running a tubular manifold, get a braided section (flexi pipe) put in the front pipe too.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Working on the flexi section, running stock S14 manifold (cracked the S15 one).

Would i be able to fit the mounts myself?

M

Matt_S

Yeh you can, but it IS a pain in the ASS.

Ideally you need an engine hoist. OR, you can hold the engine up across the turrets and drop the crossmember a bit. Gearbox one is OK. Maybe use a jack to take the weight and make it easier to reattach the mount to the car after. :thumbs:

Reaction score
ive got the nismo mounts and the damper, stainless mani and full stainless turbo back system and no cracking in the last two years. As matt said the mounts are a pain in the balls but can be done.