What's new

Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift

Reaction score
Ok, dunno whether you guys have seen this - but it's relatively entertaining with some good car action - and funnily enough - drift!

But my gripe is this - they only gave the S15 limited coverage at the beginning and that was about it! The stars of the show were a Rx7 (ok, you know I like them so no real complaints there), a 350Z (it was cool but it aint no Sil!), and another frigg1n Evo (ok, I like evos too but it aint no Sil!). Then they chuck a RB26DETT into an American rust bucket :hurl:

You make a movie about drifting and you don't feature the pinnacle of driftiness (S15) as the star. Shame on you Hollywood, shame shame on you.

ps even the drift king himself makes a cameo appearance - nice. However - he shoulda kick their asses for omitting ample coverage of the S15.

S

S15R

well, i dont know why everyone is saying negative things about it

the movie is for everyone(any age), not only for people who know abit about the car

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I didn't expect it to have so much real drift-scenes in it. Thought most would be computer-made.
Also Keichis appearance was fun :) Fish King. Although he didn't seem to catch any.

Didn't like the cars to much. The 350Zs was over the top, and the Mustang with an RB26 is just plain wrong. V8 all the way for that car.
The RX7 had like 1 zillion gears.
And the EVO and 350Z sounded like Hondas with Buddyclub exhausts.

why the S15 was fitted with the RB26 was abit strange as it would mess with weight-balance which is very important on a drift-car. Now people definetly will think it's a Skyline :(

But the drifting scenes was pretty cool.
Don't remember the plot.

Overall a good movie to watch when hungover.
For real drift action, D1GP DVDs are better.

This is just my personal oppinion.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Have to dissagree with you mate, the film was the worst i have seen.

1) Computerised Drift scenes
2) Really bad acting - Whats with the guys accent?
3) Worst plot ever - Was there a plot
4) Young guy from Home Improvments was the spoilt "bad" guy who needed to loose a few pounds :nod: Even Ming could of kicked his ass :D

The thing i hated the most was the cinema full of chavs, the car park was full of Drift ready Corsa's and Saxo's with lexus lights, even some Impreza's, all doing donuts and drifting out of the car park................. :p :D

Cars in the film were cool though :nod: even though no-one even mentioned the S15's in the film :no:

A

Autech_NZ

Topper said:
Have to dissagree with you mate, the film was the worst i have seen.

1) Computerised Drift scenes
Ive seen an interview with reece millen and he says that the producers and directors were saying then comes the computer generated drift scene and reece would say nah lets just do it for real. apparently 90% of the drift scenes are real drifting and 10% comp generated.

Reaction score
there was one blatant CG scene (in the night togue with that girl - who by the way was not too shabby), apart from that the rest looked fairly genuine. The S15 I mentioned earlier should have been the star, not the parking wall fodder it turned out to be.

Still, the car action alone left me satisfied - beats the hell out of the second film anyway!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I-nearly-bought-a-batty said:
...............beats the hell out of the second film anyway!
:no: They get worse, the 1st one was the best, and this one the worst......