What's new

Few newbie quiestons on specs and importing :)

Reaction score
Country
Hey Folks,

So start of next year, I'm looking (If all goes to plan money wise) to import an S15 Spec R.

Got a couple questions if people wouldn't mind answering them for me.

Body works. I know about the Aero but not 100% sure what the difference is.

The first two photos on the Japfest Photo page2. here

Whats the difference between these different kits?

Peoples views on Torque-GT or SVA Imports? They are the closest to me (I have seen the thread about the various companies)

Many thanks

SAm

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I wouldn't rule out buying one that is already over here. At least you can go and actually look at it before you buy it.

About the photos, first pic is Parky's S15 that's the Vertex kit (aftermarket kit), with wider aftermarket front fenders. Second pic is Fez06 car, and that is the OEM Aero front bumper and side skirts.

Torque-GT always seem to get good feedback.

Reaction score
Country
General opinion on here is to avoid SVA imports. They often over charge and don't offer a very good service. I imported my car with TorqueGT. They were helpful enough and managed to source me a full aero kit for the car (the yen was strong back then so an aero'd car was out of my budget)

If you're looking to build a car from the ground up then importing would be your best bet but if it doesn't bother you then i would look at modified ones already over here. The vast majority of owners look after their cars really well and will be honest and open with questions, plus you will be saving a fortune on tuning parts and labour costs like mapping and dyno runs.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks S15AK for clearing up the body kit question.

As for the car, the plan was to build one from stock, doing mods myself, like putting my own stamp on it from the outset.

But I suppose I could always buy one thats already in the country. I just assumed that they are skidded and ragged. (thats probably just all the S14's around my area though)

Reaction score
Country
99% of S15s have been skidded and ragged, get used to that. They are far more likely to be pampered over here though.

Reaction score
Country
That was my thoughts that people on here would look after them a bit more. And seems to be true looking through the build threads.
That was the main reason I wanted to import one, to get one on low miles so less skids have been done in it :) and then I can start my build thread :)

Reaction score
Country
Aero cars seem to have the rear spoiler and side skirts, but not all Aero cars have the Aero front bumper and rear spats (probably an optional extra). The white car in the pictures you linked has the OEM Aero bumper. The standard bumper looks like this. My car is an Aero (according to the VIN) but only has the spoiler and skirts. As far as I know, thats the only difference between Aero and non-Aero cars.

Of those two importers Torque GT seem to get the best reputation, seen a couple of threads with problems using SVA. I used another importer (not near you) but found that importing was a good way to get a nice example. That said, I'd certainly check any on sale here as well as they're probably looked after well.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Neith,
So I want The one that has the OEM Aero Bumper and spats. :) It looks awesome :)

Which other imports do people recommend?, I suppose if the right car game up, I'd travel the distance to buy it.

subzero

Reaction score
theres a buddy of mine here doing it , he will guide you through the whole process a lot cheaper than any of the uk importers. he will get you aproper mint s15 and get it shipping to your nearest port . has a great reputation .

has a facebook page japan cars ireland .