What's new

Fitting gauges in air vents?

Curryzz

Reaction score
sounds like you have done a nice job,would love to see some pictures of your work,once mine is complete i will post some pics up of the finished item, its geting the time to do it i struggle with,im getting there slowly:)

Reaction score
I'll take some pics when i get home from work and post them up, i haven't done the wiring for my guages yet just the senders and fitting the gauges. Just wondering how you went about getting wires up into the center air vents, i've heard you can drill a hole into the air duct near the steering column and feed the cables up?

Curryzz

Reaction score
Ok thanks, well the A/F guage and rpm guage iv fitted i just removed the sterio and got the supply and the earth from there i havnt as yet has to run a cable through the bulkhead, i do have a power cable going from the battery to the amp in the boot so there is definatly a way through:) i try have a look where it goes through for you:)

Reaction score
Yeah my boost gauge hose and cables come through the firewall near the wiper motor on the drivers side and comes out near the fuses in the kick panel... seems to be a pre-punched hole... works well... but yeah need to work out how to get up into the air vents.

Reaction score
Hey got some photo's, the best i could, and yes i haven't finished yet need to wire them up still and a few shots of my gauges i customized and fitted, please ignore the pink bits lol... had left over paint from some skid rims and got bored..

Curryzz

Reaction score
thanks for posting pictures,my car had a missfire so its in the garage but il get back to fiting the oil presure guage after ;)