What's new

FMIC at last

P

paulphot

It's in............at long last it's in. The bloody thing was sitting on my garage floor for the past 10 months but it's finally in :D :D :D

I'know Topper...................pics...........pics.............pics but I only picked it up after dark so I'll take some soon (dyno day on Saturday) and post them up for you. Sorry but it still has the Veilside front bar on it, despite my efforts the other week to rip it off in the scrub...........unitentional of course.

P

paulphot

Thanks guys, it is a Just Jap 600x300x76mm cooler. Fair bit of faffing about getting it on, had a heap cut from my front bar but I knew that would happen. The piework was stuffed from the fabricators so a port for the blow-off valve had to be moved so the thermo fan would clear it. All is good now however I had my first run on a dyno today and not happy.... :mad: :mad:

I have a K&N panel filter in factory airbox, 3 inch cat-back exhaust and now FMIC running 14psi and all I managed was 131.8rwkw. :confused: :confused:

The car is running rich as.....almost dropping off the graph at 10. Sugestions on a remedy?

S

S15R

131.8rwkw? thats weird... stock pulls out about 125~130rwkw....

my mate has much the same mods his pulled out 180kw at UniGroup dyno

P

paulphot

Yeah, sounds weird to me too, I have no probs holding with WRX's and SS Commodores etc so I was expecting around 170. The mechanic who put in the FMIC (ESP Racing, they have the worlds most powerful WRX (Diablo) said I should pull close to 180/190. Maybe the dyno was out, the car after me got some odd readings and then they had to reboot the computer because of a problem with the hand controller. Anyway the print out says 131 so that's what I'm sticking with. Not going to make excuses, the car is just slow. :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thats strange :confused: .
I think you should be around 190-200 rwkw at least.

Checked for boost leaks?
It should pull very good at that boost pressure.

P

paulphot

Well it was a Dyno Dynamics at a place called Autotech in Canberra. Anoother guy was running about 25-30rwkw less than the previous time he dyno'd the car but as I said before, the 131 is what the chart says and I'm not making excuses. Guess I'll have to check it on another dyno.