What's new

Fruitbooter's S15 Spec R

$

$hifty

I saw you driving down the penn road last week. The cars looking sweet, too bad I was in the little Aygo as i am now keeping mine as a weekend treat... We should meet up.

Reaction score
Country
Few recent photos of the car -

I managed to re-fit the skirts after about a month or two on the road as I thought I was in need of new clips but turns out I had just enough to put them on. Also removed some gay horns that were in the front bumper not sure if you can see them in any previous piks but yeh anyway theyre gone!

Car is running fine still, nothings fallen off and I havent died, and im sure some people I know my mom included thought this was a slight possibility after what they saw me doing during the year :p

Car needs a service soon when I can afford it, needs the gearbox oil chaning for some thicker high quality stuff, needs new disks and pads and an oil and filter change, im hoping to do this during the winter.

Im still trying to save for new wheels atm, im hoping I can fetch mabi 200-300 for mine? But to do that I need spares to go on...

The car is also in need of a full detail and paint correction, if anyone feels like doing it give me a shout :D:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Wow the car is looking sweet!!!
All the hard work paid off she looks lovely mate!
As for your paint, I have just started a course on restoring cars,paintwork bodywork etc if you haven't had it done in a month or so time I will be up for having a look at it mate

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Did you take the pics at TOA meet last night? Looks good :)

Please get an import plate on the front! They look a million times better! ;)

Reaction score
Country
Did you take the pics at TOA meet last night? Looks good :)

Please get an import plate on the front! They look a million times better! ;)
Yeh TOA, you should have come down with Jordan :nod:, I was saying we should have a Midlands meet soon as we could probably get 5-6 people? Mabi more if some want to travel, it’s just organising I suppose..

I would get a plate but I’ve got Lupix's old front splitter to go on after I’ve repaired it, then with that on I’ll get an import plate and mount it at the side I think if it looks decent? Should look good then once I get a front mount next year.

Reaction score
Country
Nice looking car, pal! Hope all ur plans for this winter are possible and u'll do everything u want... even more ;)
Are u going to use ur car in winter time?

Reaction score
Country
Saturday started out like this -

Say bye bye to this look...:down:

Things are about to improve...

Advan AVS Model 5's 17x9 & 17x8

Thought it would be rude not to treat the car to some new wheel nuts as 1. they look better and 2. these are steel and shouldnt round like my crappy ally ones..

So with fitting the new wheels I thought the ride height needs to be looked at also, the fronts were a bit corroded and had to be taken off and persuaded with wd40 and a hammer on the mount. :D

Reaction score
Country
It took me about 3 hours maybe more to fully lower the car, it took so many attempts to get each side right and to the height I was happy with. In the end I think it went down about 30mm at the back and 15mm at the front, I still need it down more tbh but the centre box is quite low to the ground so will need to be removed before I can lower it more.

Anyway some photos -

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
very nice. well done.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Soooooo much better mate - looking good :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Not done anything for a while!

Gave it a long overdue service the other day...

Silkolene Pro S
Redline MT90
NGK 6's coppers
New Nissan oil filter
New sump plug

Took the old cheepo japanese filter off -

Drained the oil -

New sump plug -

Filled new filter up half way and oiled the seal -

Then did the gearbox -

Thought id fill a milk bottle up so I could see how much oil was in there as I did loose a bit when i refurbed back end before..

Looks about 2ltrs..

Filled box through shifter -

Got through almost all 3 of my MT90 bottles so thats about 2.6ish ltrs..some people say its bad some people say its good so i think ill leave it for now as it has improved the shift feel :nod:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Awesome work pal, car looks super clean!

Loving the evo, used to have a mr-fq340 miss it sometimes.... Flashback to 6 monthly services, 7mpg and 1100 quid clutch change, hmmm yeah I take that back! :rotfl: