What's new

Gas pedal deadzone

Reaction score
Country
Just recently got my S15 and there is one thing really bugging me out. The gas pedal doesn't appear to have any way of adjusting it's start and stop positions (other than literally bending it). The issue is, I have a lot of deadzone before the throttle cable starts pulling on the throttle lever, but the throttle wire is already adjusted so that when the gas pedal is fully depressed the throttle is fully open.

Has anyone else have similar problem? Is it possible that previous owner just retrofitted a gas pedal from a different car? Should I just try bending the pedal for optimal travel distance?

immy21

Reaction score
Country
Edit: sorry didn't read your post properly.
So you have ran out of throttle adjustment on the cable.
I'm not sure if it's possible but cable mount on the inlet the correct way round?

I have a stock throttle body and throttle cable from my S15r, I had no issues with adjustment, if you want them pm me your address and il get a delivery quote, il want hardly any money for them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
That's not really helping it, shouldn't the cable be adjusted so that the throttle is fully open when pedal is depressed all the way down? Tightening it up I'd risk snapping the wire or damaging the throttle body. What I need is a way of shortening the gas pedal travel. I've already adjusted the cable the best I can the issue here is that both stoppers for the pedal are solid.

Is there a proper way of doing it that eliminates the deadzone without putting extra stress on the wire.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Reaction score
Country
Hmmmmmm, I see, mine is missing the black rubber dumper thing on the pedal side, that could be the culprit.

immy21

Reaction score
Country
Makes sense, I converted mine to electronic throttle so I don't need my cable, or I guess you could just make your own rubber bush if you wanted to adjust out the slack yourself.

Reaction score
Country
I was thinking about 3D printing a stopper that can be adjusted with a screw and if the cable assembly is just used up, nengun has those in stock.

immy21

Reaction score
Country
I am using a 350z pedal assembly/sensor with S15 pedal welded onto it to get the location correct. I had to limit throttle pedal travel otherwise the sensor would be the pedal stop, I modified the stock stop into an adjustable stop. The metal plate is supported by stock stop, just does not look like it in the pics.
If you make a stop, share it here, it will be interesting what you make.

This is what I did:

Dropbox - 20181113_144222.jpg - Simplify your life

Dropbox - 20181113_144205.jpg - Simplify your life

Last edited: