What's new

Gearbox

M

MIHIR AMIN

hi everyone my mechanic cracked the casing on my gearbox and now i need a new one could anyone tell me where to get one from just need it as soon as possible i think nissan are saying 4 weeks :cry:

cheers

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You could try Euroautosalvage to start with.

Failing that, I doubt you will get a replacement before D1 :( Ordering from perfectrun.com.au or japanparts.com will be the most cost effective and probably quicker than Nissan GB. It will still take around 2-3 weeks though....

You might be able to pick one up through nissansilvia.com or nissansilvia.co.nz.

A

Autech_NZ

i know that there are 3 s15 6 speed gearboxes for sale on nissansilvia.co.nz at the moment from a mate of mine, his username is snofe.

about 1300NZD for them i think, but youd obviously have shipping to add to that

M

Meddy

Bung on an S14 one in the mean time, then source a S15 one when you can. I would imagine one from Nissan will take a lot longer than 4 weeks. :nod:

Reaction score
given many believe the S14 5spd is a superior strength box - it could be an opportune time to fit one. (if you don't mind the taller ratios)

V

Vandal

don't know about s14 box. 6sp in s15 is bad enough, especially in 60km zones where I feel caught between 4th and 5th gear, but its a sports car so I shouldn't be so :ghey:

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
The 15's shorter gearing is a pure joy compared to the 14's. Much more drivable.
I agree but better to be mobile on a 14 box than your car be sat for 12 weeks while Nissan sort a replacement. Allthough I guess it depends if you can do the job yourself as you may not want to pay out twice. :nod:

On another note how the hell de your mechanic manage to break your box in the first place

H

Hank S15

S15R said:
love my 6spd box

i look after it so much :D
I love it so much, I use it everytime when I go for a drive! :D

(at least when I have me car :( )

M

MIHIR AMIN

cheers guys thanks for the help ive left it in the hands of the mechanic but the cars not gonna be on road for sunday anyway once again thanks. trying to control my rage at the moment :mad:

M

MIHIR AMIN

hopefully depends if i can take my brothers car or if my gearbox gets magically fixed :confused:

M

MIHIR AMIN

ordering nismo box off japanparts on monday should take 2 weeks to come