What's new

GIZZMO EBC Help!!

Reaction score
Country
Erm yeah, i'm being a general mong again! :cool:

I've wired the solenoid and controller up as per the manual, however i'm getting no reading through the controller... just sits on 0.00.... :/

So, my first thought is the vacuum hose to the back of the controller isnt.. well.. isnt carrying a vacuum!

Its currently T'd off the boost gauges vacuum hose as i thought that would work, but apparently not. Any ideas where else i can plumb off to get a reading?

(note, as its not getting a reading i cant seem to adjust the boost either.. just for your info)

Any help would be hot!
Jase

M

martinbattye

does the unit show boost??

they dont show vacuum.

if its plumbed into a vac line that is for a working boost gauge, then i suspect there is a problem with the gizzmo.

Reaction score
Country
yeah i didnt mean vacuum, i just didnt know what word to use :)

i swapped the pipes around a bit and went back to the original T on the boost gauge.. and hey presto for some unknown reason, it started working! so yes, its all good now. And for anyones future reference, it didnt work on the carbon canister outlet!

Thanks martinbattye, case closed!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah carbon canister outlet would be a first lol?! :wack:

Glad my suggestion on the phone for tee'ing it direct into the original boost gauge sender take off pipe worked... so you know Gizzmo isn't the problem and the unit works! :)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah carbon canister outlet would be a first lol?! :wack:
Glad my suggestion on the phone for tee'ing it direct into the original boost gauge sender take off pipe worked... so you know Gizzmo isn't the problem and the unit works! :)
haha yeah cheers! I t'd into that initially and it didnt work so not sure what happened there.. but hey ho, working now! :)

Reaction score
Country
Carbon canister ---- :no:......silly silly hippies devices in cars, kill the carbon canister