Grass mowed Nicely...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Before someone else posts it, I thought I'd get in first and show a classic photo of me at Castle Combe on Saturday (Japfest).

Yes, I was moving! Had big pad fade coming up to the turn-in at Camp on that lap. So much so that I thought I wasn't going slow enough (probably was though). Think I just lost concentration and the back lost traction. As I had two SXOC guys not far behind him, I took the safer route across the grass rather than spin in front of them :nod: Hopefully they appreciated that :) I was doing about 60mph in the photo...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, quite good. The session was a bit frustrating. Lots of bunching of evenly matched cars and not enough straight to get by. Someone just pointed out that at one point there was a bunch of 8, and I was stuck in the middle... :rolleyes:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
S15 looks good even when going off-road :thumbs:

brake fade :confused:
i thought you were running DS2500 and M3 brake discs :confused:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Pad fad, not disc fade. Running Project Mu Street. Was told they start fading after several high speed braking sessions. They started fading after about the 3rd/4th lap... Guess I'll have to go back to DS2500s if I do a full track day. The Mus are still the best all-round performance pad I've tried for the price. Will have to sort out a Skyline/Z32 rear brake conversion too maybe...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Pad fad, not disc fade. Running Project Mu Street. Was told they start fading after several high speed braking sessions. They started fading after about the 3rd/4th lap... Guess I'll have to go back to DS2500s if I do a full track day. The Mus are still the best all-round performance pad I've tried for the price. Will have to sort out a Skyline/Z32 rear brake conversion too maybe...
Ah. That explains it :)
How many trackdays do you do a year?
You could have the Mu and when its track time, change to Ferodos.
Changing front pads doesn't take to long :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I probably do 2-3 real brake faders a year (full sized track) and 2 or so mini-tracks sessions. Yeah, was thinking of changing for the days... May do Silverstone again this year. If I do, I definitely need DS2500s...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nice move :thumbs: looks like the passenger enjoyed it too :p

Noticed they arent your "niormal" wheels..... look like 350z jobbies??

I want to drive round Silverstone :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
Why :confused:

They look like they fit very well :nod: what offset??
Do you mean why import the wheels?

I had a chat with a nissan service guy before. I asked how much the 18" forged Works wheels (came with the GT-package) was just for fun.
The answer was pretty funny too. 18000SEK each from Nissan Sweden. That'll be almost ?1300 a rim :hurl:

The stock 17" rims are cheaper. But it's still Nissan pricing.

I will have some 17" BBS wheels soon for track abuse :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
No, i meant why the different wheels for track use??
Because he can :nod:

I think they're different sort of tires.
Tracktires needs a good warmup before they are any good. That makes them bad for street-use.
And street-tires doesn't have the grip of warmed-up track-tires. :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Cause its easier the fitting different tyres to my road alloys... :p Tyres get shreaded on the track and I'm not prepared to do that to my Toyos.

Picked up those alloys with tyres for ?300. The rear tyres had to be replaced straight away, so I stuck some Falken 451s on. Cheap and excellent grip :thumbs: The forged Rays are so expensive because all the 350Z guys want them when they buy their imports. This is the reason you can pick up import 17s and standard 18s so cheap. Straight fit. No spacers. See the 'Ultimate Wheel Fitting Guide'... ;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Project Mu Street.

:D I quite like the plate.

Lol. Just remembered something quite funny from the day. I was getting ready to put my track tyres on when two guy came over and started chatting. They said 'really nice car', etc. 'We recognized it cos we're from Sky Insurance and did the agreed value on it. Are you on track today?' :eek: :eek: Me: 'Errr, yeah. Suppose I'd better not trash it, then...' :p They were :cool: and just wanted me to put a sticker on advertising them. Unfortunately it would have also identified me if I had stacked it, but I figured they already knew the car....

If I do full track days, I get separate insurance :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I was on Track at Knockhill on Sunday, one of our SXOC members put s DriftUk stick on my back window :ghey: :D

J

Jono

Nicely said:
If I do full track days, I get separate insurance :nod:
Honestly? Now tell the truth Nicely... we'll have no fibbing here :nono:

Just kidding, I'm sure your squeaky clean mate... (despite the smell!) :p :D ;)

J

Jono

Topper said:
I was on Track at Knockhill on Sunday, one of our SXOC members put s DriftUk stick on my back window :ghey: :D
I trust it's been removed?! :p

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jono said:
Topper said:
I trust it's been removed?! :p
Not yet :wave:

He does, and i have too, i took out trackday insurance, cost me ?131 for the day with an Excess of ?1,400 :eek: bit steep your thinking but cheaper than stuffing your car and no money from Mr Insurance