What's new

headlight level adjust??

subzero

Reaction score
failed my nct (irish car text) for dimmed beam being too high, remember reading a thread here on adjusting the level of the beam but cant for the hell of me find it.

just dont want to be breaking something while messing with the light.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Have a look in the service manual. I'm pretty sure I've seen a guide on how to adjust the headlight beams.
There are basically two screws to fiddle with... I think.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Its really easy mate, i did mine a few nights ago.

Open your bonnet and look at the headlight. At the back of the lights there are 4x adjustment screws (2 for main, and 2 for dipped beams). Ust an 8mm ratchet spanner if you have one available.
The top screws adjust the high/low position, and the bottom ones do the left/right position. Once you've had a go and think their in a decent position, go for a short drive and all will become clear!

I havent got any pics of the lights to show where the screws are, but will get some tomorrow if you cant find them. Once you've sussed it, it will take a couple of minutes to do, and it looks so much better at night when their adjusted properly.

:)

Reaction score
Country
or you could rise your rear suspension... hahaha:rotfl:

seriously its all in the service manual, even show you to to messure it up and everything..

subzero

Reaction score
craig8585 - thanks man will be giving it a go soon.

@raystang : ya rose the front (as it was an inch from the ground . good aul japan, left the back as is and presto failed the nct :D doh !!

subzero

Reaction score
oh nicely dont get me started . the test we do is a F...... money racket. you get nothing for your buck just a cert on the window.

get this man , as my lights were slightly too high ive to pay another 27 euros to get em checked again . grrrr