What's new

Help fitting bushes

Reaction score
Country
Ive posted these piks in my project thread but just in case people dont look in there...

Right I need some advice

Im really struggling to fit the bushes in the rear arms and hub carriers

Im following this technique -

And the same to fit the insert -

But mine dont go in so easy..I can get the bush in with abit of hastle but I just cant get the insets in..they seem to go in but then as you tighten the washer it squashes the top of the bush and causes the other end to come out a bit and then when you undo the nuts your left with the bush sticking out..

Mine -

Ive put plenty of greese on and in the hole but doesnt make it any easier...I just dont get it? Im using the same method...

If the inserts went in id be fine I reckon as I can get the bushs in and they fit fine its putting the insert in that messes it up, its like it catches on the bush inside or something as its that tight..

Any ideas?

There energy suspension bushes btw if anyones done it with the same..

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Something is certainly not right there. As you can see from my pics above, they fit like a glove. I don't recall having to cut and collars from my hubs but can't remember 100%.. What year is your car? They need to come out though either way along with the ones in the arms. Did Energy not e-mail you instructions for each bush when you placed the order?

The only arm which needs the collar left in is the lower arm on the front of the car. If you cut the bush out of this there wouldn't be anything left so it's fairly obvious when you get round to that one :)

Reaction score
Country
I spent today removing the sleeves with a hacksaw..oh my what a difference it made!

Got the bushes in about 5-10 min each one..easy stuff!

Cant believe how I missed that! Ive looked at the instructions again and it does say on there to bloody cut the metal sleeves out lol :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Sometimes I supprise myself at how stupid I can be!

Just need to do the 4 lower arms bushes tomorrow then I can build the subframe back up :thumbs:

J

JapanS15

YAY for directions!!! hahaha Congrats, I'll definitely keep that in mind if I have the need to do it myself.